Discuss Combi boiler pressure at 3bar in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. I have recently drained system, removed all rads and manually flushed them all. Filled system back up, bled all rads and repressurised the system to between 1 and 1.5 bar. The system was off all night waiting for the timer to kick in and when I checked in the morning, before it came on, the pressure had risen to 2 bar. While the heating is on the pressure varies between 2.5 and 3 bar, no higher. I released some pressure from the rads, took the pressure down and once again it rose to 2.5 to no more than 3 bar while the heating is on. Any ideas what the problem could be and is it safe to still use. Thanks in advance.

Reply to Combi boiler pressure at 3bar in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back