Discuss Choice of Boiler - Ideal Independent? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Staten

I'm trying to decide which type of 24 combi to have fitted (for a one bed top floor flat). Our plumber has suggested an Ideal Independent, but I can't find much out about it (reliability etc) I can find the Ideal Logic, which seems to be well thought of by those who fit them. The other choice is a Baxi Duo tech or a Baxi Neta Tech ( the Neta tech, and both Ideals would fit in the kitchen cupboard saving space in a London flat). Any suggestions?

Also there is no magnetic filter on the quote and am thinking of asking to have one fitted as seems to be a valuable piece of kit in saving damage to the system. Again, any thoughts on both these items much appreciated. Cheers.

The Ideal independant is the same as the logic inside just a diffrent name but you need to buy your filling loop as its not built in as with the logic.The independant comes with a built in mechanical timer and a flue.The main diffrence is the warrantys .Ideal have finally built a good boiler that even i would put in my own home hope this helps.

Baxi, neta tec. Branded boiler realistic 5yrs warrenty backed by a reputable manufacturer. I'd say ideal? Far from it. Try getting through to the tec team.

Thanks for the thoughts. Very useful.

Do either of you have any advice on the magnetic filter front? Cheers again.

Yes use the spirmax it's brass it works and it does not leak. The fernox and magaclean ones are ok I have used both and both types at some point have leaked water.

ideals are tat,neta tecs have gas valve issues will a duo tec mk 1 fit? its the best choice,as for filters the adey magna clean picks up more sludge than any other it did have issues with a leaking top but thats now resolved and it comes with a service kit

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal independent is the same as a Logic but cheaper I have fitted loads and no bother .
re. the duotec they may be a good boiler (I cannot comment as I have never fitted one)
But one of the worst in the world to work on hence they do go wrong but at least parts are cheap

hows a duotec hard to work on? i can change a fan,pump,pcb,ev,dv,plate heat all with in 30mins everything else about 5 mins,went and done filling loop on a ideal esprit today right pain in the arse it was the boiler was only 2 year old and the main heat exchangers already leaking

I dont like baxi you dont like ideal
each to their own

I concur. Baxi are the easiest I have found to work on and true most boilers do
Have faults. A faulty gas valve is neither here or there. A replacement on a Duo Tec will set you back around £80.00 Inc. If in warranty Baxi will call next day with a replacement valve or send direct to the installer. Regarding the magna clean! I'd be alarmed at anything that was a redesign and still comes with a service kit, not a good sign. Anyway spiromomax being brass makes it heavy,heavy is relaible and if it docent work........ Ya can always scrap it. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Choice of Boiler - Ideal Independent? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello guys! I had an Ideal Combi Logic+ C24 fitted in August 2021 in my mid terraced house and I started noticing that it was losing pressure...
Replies
Views
Our current boiler is 19 years old (and a piece of Rubbish) Had a guy round today from Energy Options Solutions that offered us an Ideal 30kw Logic...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to get my Ideal Logic Heat H15 repaired. There have been various faults appearing, with most of them pointing to the PCB. It...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock