Search the forum,

Discuss Reconfiguring Ideal boiler PCB to correct model and size in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
I am trying to get my Ideal Logic Heat H15 repaired.
There have been various faults appearing, with most of them pointing to the PCB.
It has been decided that the best option is to try replacing the PCB and using a refurbished part initially for testing.

The PCB used on the Heat model is shared with several other models and the one that was received wasn't configured for our model.
When fitting the replacement, options should appear to configure it at startup. But those do not appear and instead, it shows its current settings: "SU", "n", "18". Which are for a "System" model and result in an F1 error that is not relevant to our Heat model.

We need it to show: "H", "n", "15". Unfortunately, We cannot find any information about how to re-configure the PCB.
Is there anyone, who might please be able to advise on this?

John

Didn’t they supply a code plug ? Tells the boiler what model it is

Also best to get a pro in as you shouldn’t be messing around with a boiler / gas appliance unless your registered to do so

Didn’t they supply a code plug ? Tells the boiler what model it is

Also best to get a pro in as you shouldn’t be messing around with a boiler / gas appliance unless your registered to do so
Thank you Shaun, I understand and have my plumber involved in this. But as we hit this roadblock, I am trying to do some of the legwork.

We saw messages online about those code plugs, but they do not seem to be relevant to this "newer" model: there is no reference to code plugs in the manual for our model (but there are some in manuals for other models).
Note the PCB model: KM821 I2

Please don't hesitate if you have any other suggestions.

Last edited:
What’s the gc of the boiler ?

Have you followed the pcb install instructions exactly as in the manual, 12oclock, restart, power on etc?
Hi, it sounds like you are familiar with this, thank you for your response.

We tried, yes.
Powered down, isolated. Knobs in 12oclock position, fitted replacement PCB.
Powered on, but display does not show expected "uP" to be able to configure it.
Instead, it shows the current settings "SU", "n", "18" and then fault "F1"
Can't seem to get it to let us re-configure it...
Any idea or suggestion as to what might be done wrong?

Any idea or suggestion as to what might be done wrong?
If the PCB was supplied by the refurbisher I'd get in touch and see if they can explain how to reset the pcb to default, if that's possible.
It may be that once set to a model it's can't be altered, if so you've been supplied with a pcb that has already been fitted.

All ideal pcb are universal on there line they do heat combi etc they don’t come programmed
Thanks, it might be that a BCC is needed, but there is none on the original board and the manual doesn't mention any, while it is clearly stated for other models. So not sure yet, but might be worth digging... Will talk to seller as suggested above.

There won’t if it’s the factory board as ideal pre programme it

Reply to Reconfiguring Ideal boiler PCB to correct model and size in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock