Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Changing External Thermostat/Controller for Vailant Turbomax 242E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anarack

Hi - I have an old 'Smiths' electronic controller that keeps failing so I have purchased a controller/Thermostat to replace it, based on direct control of electrical heating using electronic relay I believe.

The wiring diagram for the Turbomax shows switching contacts between terminals 3 and 4 on the boiler terminal strip - however, the output from this type of controller shows 'Load' which suggests that it will sink current directly (up to 16A). If the boiler wiring is switching a L voltage across the two terminals then this is probably fine, but I do not want to damage the circuit board by trying it on the off chance! If need be, I could fit an external relay unit to the controller to act purely as a switch.

Has anyone fitted this type of Thermostat/Controller please, or do you know if the circuit on the turbomax will work with this configuration?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing External Thermostat/Controller for Vailant Turbomax 242E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

AFAIK the boiler is set to fully pumped. (The switch inside is on fully pumped), however the pump is only running while the boiler burner is...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
Our current heating system has a Potterton EP2002 controller and Potterton Prima 60F boiler. I have bought a Wiser multi-zone kit 2 plus a number...
Replies
Views
Morning Ladies and Gents, I'm after a bit of guidance regarding the Nest thermostat 3rd Generation please... My heating system is a Glow worm...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock