Discuss chamfering tool for soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenC

ive been looking for one for ages since my college tutor showed me his but cant find them anywhere. it fits into a 4inch pipe and then it sort of clamps to the inside of it and then you turn the handle on the end and it puts the chamfer on it ready to fit into the socket of the next joint.
anyone seen one and know where i can get one.
cheers ben

when we were doing soils on big sites we used the cut saw and chamfered against the side of the blade angle gringer does the same job quickly

Yeah seen these on ebay.

I wouldnt be interested in buying one personally, looks like a gimmick, but a search on there will def' throw one up for you.

Here you go two different types. Sure you mean the first one:

Armeg Pipe Chamfering Tool - Plumbing Chamfer Tools on eBay (end time 21-Feb-11 15:02:54 GMT)

ARMEG 110mm Soil Drainage Sewer Pipe Chamfering Tool on eBay (end time 12-Feb-11 12:20:44 GMT)

ye i saw those on ebay but its neither of them. this one my tutor had was not a gimmik really good bit of kit he said he had had it for about 7 years, could buy replacement blades for it etc

Good Evening all as i have just joined the forum.
The pipe cutter you are talking about is made by Rothenberger.it is red in colour.Also REMS have one exactly the same but in yellow colour and has adaptors for smaller size pipe.They are both a series piece of kit and the price reflects this.I have mine about six years now and still in perfect nick even though it is used a lot

Good Evening all as i have just joined the forum.
The pipe cutter you are talking about is made by Rothenberger.it is red in colour.Also REMS have one exactly the same but in yellow colour and has adaptors for smaller size pipe.They are both a series piece of kit and the price reflects this.I have mine about six years now and still in perfect nick even though it is used a lot

do you have a link for a website where i could by said item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to chamfering tool for soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice about a soil pipe in 1966ish built ex-mod property. We have suspected but not be able to prove that since some heavy...
Replies
Views
I would like to add another WC about 2m to the right of existing WC. The existing soil pipe has only one WC (coming out the wall straight into...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock