Discuss CH to keep a greenhouse frost free....?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moorer

HI all
I have an 8' by 10' greenhouse that I'd like to keep frost free. Having battled with filthy parafin last year I'm wondering if it's feasible to rig up a wet heating system powered by a solar panel (s) in the garden. Could I use a couple of old radiators lurking at the back of my garage and a small pump... just to keep my plants overwintered above zero. All ideas gratefully received.

ive run a power cable to mine and plugged in an oil filled rad, as this was the cheapest easiest option for me.
you could install your solar panel, pump, feed and expansion tank, radiator. it would work of sorts with no extra controls, but for the work involved wouldnt bother, that said if you really want to do it, go for it. good luck.

Bring the plants in the house.

Sorry, that doesnt help, does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH to keep a greenhouse frost free....?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock