Search the forum,

Discuss CH/HW Timer Advice Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi!
I am looking for advice regarding my CH/HW controls. I have a 1994 Mistral Mia oil boiler providing heat for a radiator system and a hot water tank.

The current (old) controls, inc thermostat, are in need of replacement. Currently the CH will only work when the HW is switched on, but the HW will work independently.

I have attached photos of the main functioning parts and wiring, and a rudementary diagram.

I am struggling with the following

A. All the boiler diagrams I have researched has a single plumbing circuit through the boiler with a 3 way electronic valve to direct heat to CH or HW or CH&HW. My system doesn’t appear to have this. Does my system have a valve system?

B. There is a water pump on the CH system, but I can’t see one on the HW system. How is the water pumped to the hot water tank upstairs?

C. What type of Control/Thermostat should I purchase for my system?

Also, if anyone has operating or installation instructions for my boiler, or knows where I can get them, I’d be interested to hear from you.

Thank you for reading, and in advance for any advice :)
F1E0CB8A-8E58-4A8D-A294-D23E96888326.jpeg
FBDDBBCF-92E8-4B20-92AC-C23EAC581DA1.jpeg
4EB8116B-FECF-4510-985E-1C3C1D8D4F1B.jpeg
31CDCB83-70C9-4483-918C-0C57AE05DD46.jpeg

in short your system is

pumped heating
gravity hot water

wouldnt upgrade the controls i would upgrade the system to a fully pumped s plan

Thanks for the reply Shaun. The system will be ripped out in a year or so, so I don’t want to spend too much money reconfiguring it. I’m looking for someone who knows this system and can tell me if I can run HW only and CH only, and which control device to purchase to do this

anything wrong with the existing controls?

pumps on the return not the flow

in short

from prog

heating side
prog
room stat
boiler and pump

hot water side
prog
boiler

Thanks for the reply Shaun. The system will be ripped out in a year or so, so I don’t want to spend too much money reconfiguring it. I’m looking for someone who knows this system and can tell me if I can run HW only and CH only, and which control device to purchase to do this

Upgrade to fully pumped now and it will be good when you replace boiler.

Reply to CH/HW Timer Advice Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock