Discuss Central heating pipes in dot and dab wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
10mm copper tube is easily damaged. 10mm plastic pipe is tough, and won't be easily damaged.

I've done exactly as was suggested by 'gasmanrob' and not had an issue. Sure it's not ideal, but as he says - look at the opening on some rad valves. The appature on some is about 8mm.

You can't just throw 10mm everywhere and hope it works!!

But in this instance I think you'll be fine.

Also you can buy purpose made inset boxes from Toolstation to direct the pipe. A single patress with grommets is a good idea, but these things are purpose made.

plastic into a box or face plate is fine aslong as the radiator is not very small, never like the way the rads can be pulled off there brackets by young children on most new build installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating pipes in dot and dab wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back