Discuss Cast iron rad tails affixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

loctite one is spot on

hemp looks to be a bit too much paste but doesnt matter

to clean them up carefully go round the thread as close to the rad as possible and cut the excess off with a hacksaw blade
Are you serious Shaun, would you be happy to put your name on the ptfe joint?

Look I appreciate that you are diy however both are a mess and I'm not convinced that the products used were applied in the correct rotation.
Well I do know my clockwise from my anticlockwise. A mess? If I exhibited them at the Tate Modern would be worth a fortune.

loctite one is spot on

hemp looks to be a bit too much paste but doesnt matter

to clean them up carefully go round the thread as close to the rad as possible and cut the excess off with a hacksaw blade

I was going to trim them off with a stanley knife when they have been in use a while.

Are you serious Shaun, would you be happy to put your name on the ptfe joint?

yes as thats how boss white and hemp goes

will give you an idea but he doesnt use enough hemp for my liking

yes as thats how boss white and hemp goes

will give you an idea but he doesnt use enough hemp for my liking

Cheers but don`t need a leason, done 1/8 bsp to 10 or 12" pipe joints over the years, only on the bigger stuff in places like Battersea power station would they be acceptable.
PS I did say the ptfe joint.

Cheers but don`t need a leason, done 1/8 bsp to 10 or 12" pipe joints over the years, only on the bigger stuff in places like Battersea power station would they be acceptable.

you should know then, they need cleaning afterwards and then they look sweet as pie

You still saying the ptfe one is "Sweet as pie", how can somebody make a mess like that with a roll of tape is beyond me. And yes a little brass wire brush will make it sweet. ;)

You still saying the ptfe one is "Sweet as pie", how can somebody make a mess like that with a roll of tape is beyond me. And yes a little brass wire brush will make it sweet. ;)

Because it's loctite 55 not tape

Opened a bag of worms here:)Might not be the neatest looking, at present but after trimming will be fine. Both types are holding at 5bar on test, did out of interest, as my system runs at 1 bar max I am happy they will be fine.

Reply to Cast iron rad tails affixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear colleagues , My name is Roohollah and an overseas Heating tech. I have recently collected some data on oldest cast iron boiler from UK...
Replies
Views
Good evening I've came across 90mm cast iron before and used mcalpine extB (90 to 110 extension) But what I have here kind of bellows out to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Plumbers I’ve replaced a 540mm high cast iron rad with 740mm high, like for like but still a 20mm valve extension was required. All was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These...
Replies
Views
I've spotted this rust patch on the outside of a cast iron radiator in the house. There's no sign of any water leaking from it on the floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock