Search the forum,

Discuss Cant install a boiler unless your accredited! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My son passed me the which magazine this morning as I had something on boilers written in it so I had a read.

surprise surprise worcester came out top as they always do. But what got me is when they said that people will try to sell you whatever they are accredited to as they wont be qualified to install something else!

Well I'm screwed as I am not accredited to anyone!

Not qualified?????

Not sure that's right I can understand that manus want people to fit their product and offer the worthless warranties as an incentive.

But to tell someone they can't fit one unless they are accredited seems to be cutting off their nose to spite their face

What do you normally fit Millsy

Just lazy journalism on the part of Which.

Its lost all pretence of being a genuine consumer watchdog years ago. Just a money making machine.

True enough Ray they are massively bias towards whoever is sponsoring that months edition

Just lazy journalism on the part of Which.

Its lost all pretence of being a genuine consumer watchdog years ago. Just a money making machine.

But a lot of people still look to which when they are buying new products (like my dad!).

So they should at least get the facts right and they should also say that every boiler is different as its not 1 person fitting them all and doing it correctly so a lot of the boilers maybe failing because of installation errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cant install a boiler unless your accredited! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've just had a back boiler removed and combi boiler installed and have noticed that my radiators are heating up when using the hot water. I've been told this is due to the residual heat being moved around the system once the hot water is satisfied. But the radiators are heating up as soon as i...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3 storeys. Have a single floor side extension. The ground floor single storey extension houses Worcester oil boiler and unvented water tank, in the next door room I have a 30KW Henley Druid stove with back boiler giving 23KW to HW/CH I have also purchased...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock