Discuss can anyone help me solve a shower problem? its driving me mad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

del boy

I MOVED INTO MY NEW HOME 3YRS AGO AND IN THE BATHROOM WAS A TRITON T80SI. THIS WAS EXISTING AND AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF MOVING IN THE SHOWER BURNT OUT SO I WENT TO SWAP IT OVER AND FOUND THAT THE SUPPLY IS COLD MAINS AND DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD A PUMPED SHOWER ON THE MAINS????? ANY WAY I INSTALLED A MIRA SPORT 8.5kw TO REPLACE THE TRITON and got the low pressure reading so after checking everything was fitted correctly I decided to try to a 9.5kw. same thing happened (low pressure light came on and no water flowing)
tried this again with the Mira advance and still got nothing.
Now I definitely have a cold mains water supply (combi boiler and no storage tank)and this had stumped me so I fitted the triton t80 si (pumped) which was the original shower out of curiosity and it worked (untill now) with no blow offs and no operational problems at all.
problem I now have is the triton t80 si has burnt out after only 18months and before I buy another triton t80 si I wanted to try this forum to see if anyone has a clue what's going on here or if anyone has a solution for me?
mixer shower is out of the question due to a tiling issue so I need to find an answer to fitting an electric shower.
I have also had the mains pressure tested and although its not the best it is ok and should work but they don't.
SO HERES THE SHORT STORY.
1.moved into a new home and a triton t80 si (pumped) was on the wall
2 It burnt out after only a few months
3. found the water supply was mains and tried fitting normal showers but they wont work.
4. fitted a pumped shower on a cold main system and it worked for 18 months.
5. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllpppppppppp I don't get this at all.

ps. electrics have been checked and correct cable is there.

IF anyone can explain this to me I would be very grateful as I am a PLUMBER my self and have been for over 21yrs and am totally baffled with this.
(only positive thing here for me is its not a customers house as I don't know how many times I would be back at this Lol)

thank you in advance

Cut your losses and fit a mixer valve off the combi.

Plumber with 21yrs experience?

What did your mains pressure read when you tested it?

Fit a triton Sp8 p08 sI it's pumped,electric and designed for low incoming mains pressure.A t80 sI isn't pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can anyone help me solve a shower problem? its driving me mad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock