Discuss Camray Quartet 60/80 not starting. Please help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Disparate Dan

Hello, virgin-poster (please be gentle with me)
icon_wink.gif

Stupidly allowed my oil tank to run dry (again
BangHead.gif
).

Last time, it cost me £140 for a professional boiler guy to restart the boiler.

I know that all he did was bleed the oil-pipe and I have done this successfully, myself, but that was a different boiler.

I've no objection to anyone earning a wage, but I'm currently unemployed and simply haven't got any money at the moment (and it's perishing, here).
crybaby2.gif

I've attached a couple of photo's of my current boiler for if someone would be kind enough to tell me where the bleed point(s) is/are or offer any other advice.

The black, flexible-pipe in the pictures, is the oil-feed pipe and the fuel is "Premium Kero 28" according to the delivery slip.

On this particular model, I have located a black allen nut (you can see it having been loosened on the close-up picture. It is just above the black flexible oil-pipe on the left-hand side).
Just to the right of that, there is another nut which requires a flat-head screwdriver and I've loosened that, also (oddly, this nut/screw is set - as default - to be flush with the surrounding case but, when tightened, will actually "counter-sink" itself to about a third of it's length). Each of these nuts have a film of heating oil on their inner tips/threads when they are removed, so I'm hopeful that I'm "on the right track".

When I loosen them, though, there is no sound of air escaping or any oil coming out. I even left them open for over an hour and periodically pressed the reset button - hoping that that might draw the oil/air through the pipe - but no joy at all.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read this.

Attachments

• DSC09708_camray_quartet_1_edit.jpg
    DSC09708_camray_quartet_1_edit.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC09711_camray_quartet_2_edit.jpg
    DSC09711_camray_quartet_2_edit.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 20
Hohum ...

I gave a full blown description on how to bleed your burner and then looked at your question.

You will have to get an oil person in I'm afraid because what you have done is altered the pressure of the oil pump and now it will be impossible to know (without a proper test using the proper equipment) how economically it is running or whether it's running cleanly or whether it will just clog itself up in a day or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hohum ...

I gave a full blown description on how to bleed your burner and then looked at your question.

You will have to get an oil person in I'm afraid because what you have done is altered the pressure of the oil pump and now it will be impossible to know (without a proper test using the proper equipment) how economically it is running or whether it's running cleanly or whether it will just clog itself up in a day or two.

Thanks very much for taking the trouble to reply.

How did I alter the pressure?

Please could you post your drafted reply regarding bleeding the burner, anyway, so i can at least try it?

Thanks (I really am desperate here).

I'm sorry but I'm not going to post how to bleed it because by doing so I might be causing you danger. It's nothing to do with protectionism but totally to do with your safety!!

A call out to bleed a boiler should only be around the £50 or so but unfortunately in this case the plumber/boilerman is going to have to conduct an FGA test and measure and adjust the pump pressure, etc. You might, unfortunately, have to pay another £140 again but hopefully much less. (You altered the pump pressure by adjusting/undoing that screw!)

I know this sounds like an unhelpful post but I thought rather than not replying I'd better say something. I have paid good money and earned good experience to work on oil boilers and I also pay a large amount to be a member of the country's best oil organisation. If they find I'm giving unsafe advice they'll strike me off and I'll stand to lose many future customers. There are also other OFTEC qualified technicians on this forum and they are allowed to report me too! Being a member of a professional organisation means that we have to work professionally.

I hope you manage to get this sorted quickly and for less than last time!

Thanks for replying, I appreciate your time in providing me with that advice.

Thank you for the appreciation. Sorry I don't feel I can be more positive.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate your time in providing me with that advice.

Appreciate your honesty and your being bothered to care enough in replying to my posts and offering advice.

Just gonna have to wear the winter-woolies until I can afford an engineer, I guess.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Camray Quartet 60/80 not starting. Please help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock