Discuss By pass gate valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HERMAN

hi peoples

I am installing a new plumbing and heating system in my own self build project I worked as a plumbing and heating engineer about 20 years ago i remember most of all the plumbing layout but for the life of me cannot remember at what point the gate valve is installed as by pass in the event that the 3 port valve and the pump stop working at the same time the system is a y plan fully pumped open vented system can any one help

cheers

HERMAN:)

bypass should be before 3 way valve, and included on pumped side of primary.
the boiler always needs to have an open pumped circuit.

shaun

Good advice and consider using an automatic bypass valve rather than a gate valve.

Thank you shaun for your adviCe that is very well apreciated
cheers

HERMAN

Cheers plumbnuts

thanks for the advice.

is the automatic bypass valve fitted in the same way as shaun explained

Last edited by a moderator:
Costs around £20 and comes with instructions. Lockshields are cheaper but auto bypass only opens when bypass is necessary

And a lock shield doesn't comply with the building regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to By pass gate valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock