Search the forum,

Discuss Buying a new bathroom, is Bathstore any good? Advice needed please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ada69

Hello,

I am new to this site and the Plumbing world but I hoping to fit a new bathroom to my house. I have looked in Bathstore and chosen the below products for it, but not yet bought them. I have decided on a little bit of research first:

Products:

- Trend Back to the wall bath / Trend Free Standing Bath - yet to decide
- Atlas walk in shower
- Euro Duo 600mm basin with cabinet for it to sit in
- Euro two piece coupled W/C inc seat
- Blade taps - Shower valves

Now Bathstore have a sale on so these products are cheaper than normal although they still remain expensive. I have read mixed reviews on Bathstores after sales customer service and the actually quality of their products. I am bit stuck as my plumber said that I should go to Bathstore as places like B/Q, homebase, Wickes are no good for quality.

Please could someone advise me where to buy a decent products from that are worth the money and that will last.

Thank you for all your advice in advance!

Adam

Your plumbers right if you dont want cheap stuff, bathstore is ok imo

I only supply branded pottery from a merchant I can rely on, wouldn't go near a bathstore, all Turkish rubbish as far as I'm concerned. Can't go wrong with ideal standard, twyford, armitage etc

bathstore stuff is ok. No better or worse than alot of places inc the big superstores. You get what you pay for in most cases. BandQ and others have good and bad stuff. I have a basin from homebase in my bathroom and its good quality, they do also sell good british branded stuff like ldeal standard but its normally very expensive.

I completely agree with tb services, stick to branded.
I have fitted a lot of bathstore stuff and to be fair i havnt had any problems but the one product i dont like is their shower trays with a stupid metal framed base that you have to put together.

Roca for sanitary ware and Bette for baths and Grohe for taps. The key aspect of cheap sanitary ware or some British products is that the innards are always rubbish. Put in a Grohe concealed cistern and see the difference in quality - same for Roca - its reliable and quality.

I had two pourous wc pans on one job from the branded supplier you name. Luckily customer supplied and had to pay for our leak investigations and re-fitting of products - we accused the customers husband of peeing on the floor, but we got there in the end with a diagnosis. In addition the ceramic glaze around the waste fittings on the vanity bowles was thin or non-existent like sand paper - very poor.

Roca is okay, don't like the lack of close couple bolts on the toilets though.

Hello,

I am new to this site and the Plumbing world but I hoping to fit a new bathroom to my house. I have looked in Bathstore and chosen the below products for it, but not yet bought them. I have decided on a little bit of research first:

Products:

- Trend Back to the wall bath / Trend Free Standing Bath - yet to decide
- Atlas walk in shower
- Euro Duo 600mm basin with cabinet for it to sit in
- Euro two piece coupled W/C inc seat
- Blade taps - Shower valves

Now Bathstore have a sale on so these products are cheaper than normal although they still remain expensive. I have read mixed reviews on Bathstores after sales customer service and the actually quality of their products. I am bit stuck as my plumber said that I should go to Bathstore as places like B/Q, homebase, Wickes are no good for quality.

Please could someone advise me where to buy a decent products from that are worth the money and that will last.

Thank you for all your advice in advance!

Adam

Just had the trend fitted into my bathrooom and on the internet looking for advise as I am not happy with it.

My plumber had a hard time fitting it but I dont think he followed the instructions properly. There is an internet video to watch that demonstrates how to fit it and if he had watched it as I advised he would have saved a lot of effort.

However these are the issues I have with it: Firstly it feels cheap and flimsy (I didn't choose the bath my girlfriend did). A free standing bath needs to be solid imo and this isn't.

Secondly there is a fair amount of movement if push the bath - At this point I am unsure whether my plumber fitted the floor mountings which I will double check tomorrow but I am also going back to the Bathstore to ask what my expectations should be.

If you are after a good finish I wouldn't recommend this bath.

Hi Doom Lord,

Can you confirm whether you bought the Trend free standing bath or the Trend back to the wall bath?

My plumber has fitted one before and mentioned they were a pain, but if fitted correctly are fine. With most bathroom appliances if the fitting is done badly then the end result will also look bad and more than likely leak. I think you need to have a word with the plumber/fitter and fix the moving issue with your bath straight away!. I havent bought my bath yet but feel free to message me on here if you want to discuss further. Did you buy anything else from bathstore?

Just had the trend fitted into my bathrooom and on the internet looking for advise as I am not happy with it.

My plumber had a hard time fitting it but I dont think he followed the instructions properly. There is an internet video to watch that demonstrates how to fit it and if he had watched it as I advised he would have saved a lot of effort.

However these are the issues I have with it: Firstly it feels cheap and flimsy (I didn't choose the bath my girlfriend did). A free standing bath needs to be solid imo and this isn't.

Secondly there is a fair amount of movement if push the bath - At this point I am unsure whether my plumber fitted the floor mountings which I will double check tomorrow but I am also going back to the Bathstore to ask what my expectations should be.

If you are after a good finish I wouldn't recommend this bath.

Bathstore stuff is fine as a middle of the road choice. We tend to fit Fluidmaster siphons and inlets for the toilet as a matter of course. A sturdy frame can make all of the difference to the bath's feel. The free standing ones work well but the fixings could be better IMHO.

Bathroom 7.1 large.jpg

It is the freestanding version.

I had a chat with the plumber and he hadn't fitted the floor fixings, which he has now done. This has made a big difference. It's still a little squeaky - a plastic squeak and I am trying to see if I can put a stop to that.

There is a video online on how to fit the bath and I would recommend watching this.

I have had other stuff from the Bath store in the past and I found it hit and miss - Initally I had to take some taps back because the chrome was chipped but then the replacements I got, the chrome started to flake-off after a few months.

The taps we brought this time were on sale so I doubled up so that I have spares for the future

However I have never had any quibbles returning stuff and customer service has been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buying a new bathroom, is Bathstore any good? Advice needed please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock