Discuss button operated cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

traineedrip

Basically This is a button operated concealed cistern and once flushed the flushvalve isnt always shutting. The button attaches via a cable and im not sure if its a button issue or flush valve? Is there much that can go wrong with the button?

Can you identify the make? The buttons can go wrong. I find the opella push button drop valves (blue+white) aren't too clever. Apart from falling to bits. If the cable has any tension on it because it has too greater bend in the cable it may allow water to flow through the bottom. Have you checked the sealing washer on the drop valve mechanism? It may be furred up. If you are lucky you can remove the drop valve from the bayonet unit fixed in to the cistern with a quarter turn and give the washer a clean. It may be a one piece unit though. You could also check the flush pipe going up into the drop valve isn't a tad too long. Failing that I am sure the other board members could recommend a replacement make of drop valve for you...............................................

pictures say a 1000 words if you have one, even of the tinternet will do.

thanks. Ive had loads that let by due to scale on the washer, but this is more staying open rather than not sealing. when it decides to close you can hear the close with a thump. Ill take it out and give it a good clean , see if anythings catching. Its a Si-amp cistern so i`ll give them a shout and see what they say. Trying to get my head around the button. If the button works like a handle then the resetting of that is activated by the cistern emptying. Im assuming the button is the same so its likely it plays no part in closing the valve.

Bring back handles!

[DLMURL]http://www.siamp.com/images/stories/Notices/gb-robinet-50.pdf[/DLMURL]

Its very similar if not the same as that

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a air bulb button is it not?.

think prob is slime if bulb is ok.

this is a air bulb button is it not?.

think prob is slime if bulb is ok.

Just googled that and only this thread comes up along with cameras?? lol . Ive no idea what types there are. There is definatly something behind the button that is plastic and like a bulb.

You can get them from toolstation just do a like for like swap , make sure inlet valve fills up cistern quickly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to button operated cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock