Discuss Burst plastic piping. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a recurring problem with my central heating system, the pipework from my boiler to the hot water tank keeps on bursting, it has occurred 3 times now. The pipe is 28mm Hep2o and it is physically splitting the pipe, not blowing off at the fittings.

The house is 9 years old and this is the 3rd time it has happened, always on the same piece of pipework, should there be some pressure relief to prevent the pipe from bursting as when it bursts it pretty much explodes.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the issue could be? Is it a defective peice of pipe or is there a fundamental problem with the system?

How close to the boiler is the pipe? In terms of metres or feet of pipe run.

That isn't too close to the boiler.

If this is a sealed system there should be a pressure release dump set at 3 Bar, often incorporated in the boiler. Hep should be good for 6 Bar even at 90°C...

FB_IMG_1505727221767.jpg

If I were you, I would send the pics to the manufacturer of the pipe.

I would go as far as requesting someone from the manufacturers to come and inspect the pipe.

If this has happened on the same piece of pipe on 3 separate occasions, they will be interested in testing the pipe.

The same batch of pipe, or the same section within your installation?

I wonder if the PRV is seized?

The same batch of pipe, or the same section within your installation?

I wonder if the PRV is seized?

Wouldn't be in the same spot tho every time

Yeah, presumably the OP has bought a length and keeps using this batch to repair the damaged section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Burst plastic piping. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hello Please could I have some advice. I recently had an new air source pump and hot water tank system installed. The pipes to the radiators...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm not a plumber, but I'm having an issue which keeps re-occurring and the engineers coming out to us do not seem to know why. So...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock