Search the forum,

Discuss Budget Boilers Discussion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fowlersrs

In my last days of working for my previous employer who are a large player in the gas market I fitted an Alpha Intec2 CBX24.

I'm now self employed having got fed up of the high amount of political bull**** of working for big companies. Anyway back to the boiler..

It got me thinking at the time as the customer said he couldn't turn it down as the quote in comparison to a Worcester was around £500 cheaper and the guy was clearly on a budget.

This got me thinking now that whilst I personally working for myself would prefer to fit a worcester or vailant because there after sales support speaks for itself I need to able to offer a budget boiler where the money clearly isn't there to fund a 2k worcester change.

I've been looking into cheaper boilers as I've also had the pleasure of working on some down right awful cheap boilers in the past.

My current thinking is am Alpha intec2 can be had for 500-600£ but there customer service is shocking as they do not have a fleet of engineers.

I was recommended a heat line as it's basically a budget vailant/glowworm inside. Has anyone fitted one of these new Capriz headlines? They are 400-500£ with flue and analogue clock which is ridiculously cheap. I am hearing rumours they are vailant owned too. If that's the case does that mean Home service are covering the warranty call outs because if that is the case it's a clincher for me. At that price it's a no brainer for the right sort of customer..

Last edited by a moderator:
Budget boiler for me is a ravenheat , but on here they are a bit "marmite " lol

Vokera great after sales can pick up one from Plumb center for around 400 + VAT(cheapest model)

Always give few prices for boilers so customer can see the price difference, ignorant ones think you are just more expensive than the other guy.

We only fit Worcesters and Ideals, we find the Ideal i-mini is a great budget boiler, although there are cheaper alternatives...

Also, I've never found Vaillant's after sales to be any good recently

vokera dont do any service cover in devon, just replacing one due to that, thank you vokera :)

Vokera excell 25 inc flue £454 inc vat at my local merchant.always add this when quoting normally fit ideals and worcester,
amazing how people go for em even when i stipulate its a budget boiler but hey its their choice

vokera dont do any service cover in devon, just replacing one due to that, thank you vokera :)

They used to but not directly as I used to work for a company that did. The bloke covered Devon, Dorset and Somerset.

I'm thinking of binning vokera for alphas. My plums branch sell the most in the UK I'm always getting freebies off Alpha haha and he gets a good deal with them.

ideal imini, best value for money i'd say

not sure what you mean about vaillant after sales, rang them for a part number the other day, took ages for them to answer dont know how much that cost, was told that i had to be transferred to parts, then i got a recorded message saying parts were closed for lunch

vaillant are good boilers, but they could do better in customer service

i dont fit alpha or vokera as both are tat,worked on loads,utter junk IMHO,i only fit Baxi,they have a excellent customer service team,However i feel ravenheat have really upped their game and are worth a consideration,ideal also seem ok support wise

Stopped fitting Alphas about 5 years ago, after numerous customers of mine were being contacted by Homeserve advising boiler warranty expired and they could offer an extended warranty and service package.

I recommend your boilers and you steal my customers, Bugger off.

Aren't all the people who make/design ideal Boilers ex vaillant?

I use to either suggest vaillant or baxi, it's either vaillant or ideal now.

Baxi are good Boilers, I just think they are a ballache to fit compared to others. That jig can be a pain at times, plus they aren't the lightest of Boilers.

Still think highly of vaillant, good Boilers. After care poor though in my opinion.

Ideal, by far the easiest boiler I'll ever fit. Logic Boilers and independents are good Boilers, good aftercare

Thesedays if people start wanting the likes of ferolli, ariston fitted I'll not be that interested.

They are wanting a cheap job doing an in the longterm the hassle ain't worth it, that's what my experience has shown me.

Or, you go out to a boiler swap has no valves, stat etc. You tell them this, they aren't interested what your saying. Swerve the job, or more likely the landlord!

i will never fit a vaillant as they rob your customers for service plans (sending letters to them saying normal bg speel ) and boilers are ok nothing special about them

i dont fit alpha or vokera as both are tat,worked on loads,utter junk IMHO,i only fit Baxi,they have a excellent customer service team,However i feel ravenheat have really upped their game and are worth a consideration,ideal also seem ok support wise

Have you fitted a Ravenheat?
They are getting good reviews from installers

viessmann
atag
worcester (you may moan but most people know them round here)
new ideal logic (vogue version)

Don't come across much viessmann, they're good though I've heard.

I've never really took to Worcester to be honest, seem to go out to alot of Worcesters with problems.

No but hearing good things

I've fit a few of the White Heats recently, nice budget boiler for just over £500 inc VAT. Easy to fit and light as a feather to lift. Not had any call backs yet but five year warranty also a bonus.

We only fit Worcesters and Ideals, we find the Ideal i-mini is a great budget boiler, although there are cheaper alternatives...

Also, I've never found Vaillant's after sales to be any good recently

Isn't the i-mini is just a Logic plus missing some bits?

i fit viessmann and baxis but budget wise think ravenheat if they are like the old ones dont get many problems till they are 10 plus years old. alphas are ok also wouldnt touch any of the really cheap end.

I've fit a few of the White Heats recently, nice budget boiler for just over £500 inc VAT. Easy to fit and light as a feather to lift. Not had any call backs yet but five year warranty also a bonus.
You need to shop around pal.
479 including vat for the white heat with 5 year warranty

Done a fair few new ravenheats/white heat.
They are great. Nice and light and easy to fit. Very quiet when running. Decent components in em.

They have a new new one out at 600 odd quid which has open therm

They are my budget boiler of choice. Miles better and easier to fit than ferroli, heatline, biasi et al.

Viessmann haggle for free tool kit!

IMG_20161005_202053.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Budget Boilers Discussion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'ts been a while but its time to call on you guys for some help and payback with a peppering of advice across the forum. I've got your...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone-im a first time poster and after some info on what type of boiler to fit to my repiped house. I have an old large house which has...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys as above, what is the best budget price unvented system boiler on the market at the moment? I'm trying to price up for a customer but it's...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
I just aquired a place with a boiler which seemed to be working, but has now been declared unsafe by the gas safety man. I'm wondering if I should...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock