Discuss Britony 2T in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eternal_optimis

Hello. I am an oldtimer, hate the throwaway society, like to make do and mend as well as like to look after things. I had a Britony 2T water heater installed in 2006, live in a very hard water area. The boiler has not given any trouble, is not heavily used cos am on my own. However, being in a very hard water area, am consciuos of scale build up in the heat exchanger. How can I descale this boiler? I am minded to isolate the heat exchanger then pour vinegar in to it and leave it overnight. Can anyone suggest an alternative?

Use special cleaners. My personal fav is fernox ds3.

Thank you Simon. I have used this previously on the usual cylinder hot water system. That is what I will use as you get an indication by colour change when descaling is complete. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Britony 2T in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Where I am living the water is very hard. The result is my heat exchanger most likely has accumulated limestone. The problem is that due to...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Where I am living the water is very hard. The result is my heat exchanger most likely has accumulated limestone. The problem is that due to...
Replies
Views
I live in an especially hard water area, (Basingstoke). I have just installed a new Hot Water and Central Heat system. I had a Fernox...
Replies
Views
Dear forum, I've an open (gravity) CH system supplying radiators only (AGA does the HW separately). It's a Vaillant Ecotec 435 installed 2018...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just checking I'm not talking rot. Today I visited a house with a Baxi 228 combi boiler. The technical spec for the DHW output is shown in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock