Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas tests pioneering boiler that could tell you... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
pioneering my dirty crack. My old company had its own branded appliances that were monitored over the internet years and years ago.

what would be pioneering is a boiler that does not break down.

Last edited:
Load of complete rubbish. 12 words in "sometimes" in other words never! And as for fixing it remotely, well how do you change a part remotely, what they mean is they can reset it and if that doesn't work the engineer is aware of the fault code before he arrives which will save British gas money and they will probably charge more for the privilege

Last edited:
Boilers have been giving advance warning of breakdown for years...

Bang on firing up
Noise like a jet-plane taking off
Residents keep collapsing

etc, etc. You just had to know how to read the signs... I dunno, these modern engineers don't know anything unless you send 'em an email!

Lasr time my boiler broke down I gave her some tamazipam and sent her to butlins for a week

People will see it as the death of the one man band. But they will not be able to keep the tech to themselves. For instance if this was successful i for one who does not install a lot of WB boilers but if i did would swiftly tell them to foxtrot off if they didnt let me have access to this tech.
after all it would only be a simplistic program and internet connection needed. As all hard work would have been done.

its called an icos 2...you will get an advanced call every 3 months telling customer it has a fault lol

Neta tec. All u need us the GS install cert and u can set a reminder an phone for every 22 days

Speed fit, trac pipe, push fit waste, telescopic rad valves, flexi waste, tectite, flash banding, and now boilers that diagnose them selves.

15k a year sallerys here we come!!!!

Speed fit, trac pipe, push fit waste, telescopic rad valves, flexi waste, tectite, flash banding, and now boilers that diagnose them selves.

15k a year sallerys here we come!!!!

Why would it go up that high? You just thinking about directors jobs???

Bit quiet today....hmmm....phones cust my computer says the gas valve on your boiler could be on its way out, i'll be around to replace it shortly.

The boiler display will automatically show "Your fan is on its way out, you need a Power-flush and a filter, that'll be £850.00"

Last edited:
And having carried out "Work" remotely, how are they going to comply with;

(9) Where a person performs work on a gas appliance he shall immediately thereafter examine—

(a)the effectiveness of any flue;

(b)the supply of combustion air;

(c)its operating pressure or heat input or, where necessary, both;

(d)its operation so as to ensure its safe functioning,

Forget that, they are only diagnosing remotely, but they'll have to be careful how far they go.

Last edited:
And having carried out "Work" remotely, how are they going to comply with;

(9) Where a person performs work on a gas appliance he shall immediately thereafter examine—

(a)the effectiveness of any flue;

(b)the supply of combustion air;

(c)its operating pressure or heat input or, where necessary, both;

(d)its operation so as to ensure its safe functioning,

Forget that, they are only diagnosing remotely, but they'll have to be careful how far they go.

How about a remote controlled drone?

The boiler display will automatically show "Your fan is on its way out, you need a Power-flush and a filter, that'll be £850.00"

And.....

"We also noticed you havent got plumbing and drains cover"

"And whilst we can monitor your boiler remotely, we have also installed a camera into your wife's knicker draw. I think your in for a treat later Mr Smith. Would you also be interested in updates from your neighbors knicker draw as well, we have a special offer on......"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas tests pioneering boiler that could tell you... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock