Search the forum,

Discuss Boulter Boiler Camray 5 Combi. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackplumb

From what I've been told Boulter Boilers have been taken over by Worcester Bosch, what would the Camray 5 come under on the Worcester web site?

Mmmmmm. Seems very strange. They appear to come by the name of Camray 5.

Go to oil boilers on the web site and go to discontinued oil boilers.

Camray taken over by Boulter, taken over by Worcester, taken over by Bosch. Camray 5 discontinued and not made for some time now. Good boiler in its day.

Forget asking WB for tech support as nobody there seems to know anything much about them and don't appear to want to know. - ask on these forums. Baffles available but expensive - I find it's cheaper asking my engineers workshop to make replacements.

Usual faults
1) rubber "o" ring on the flow switch needs replacing every few years (13mm x 4mm ring)
2) expansion vessel hose prone to blockage, vessel membrane fails after time
3) Danfoss diverter valve requries servicing and "o" rings replacing every few years ("o" rings are in one of the Holdtite kits and use hard silicone grease)
4) bottom baffle deteriorates if burner running too hot or not regularly serviced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boulter Boiler Camray 5 Combi. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Camray 3 oil boiler and when I turn my heating or hot water on the boiler won’t fire up! There is no light on the mains power switch! I have changed the 3amp fuse at the on of isolator switch! Any help would be great
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a noisy fan on the boiler so investigated, just a bit of dirt in the casing however, having removed the burner unit I replaced the Burner Nozzle no problem, old was very dirty and sooty. Found the boiler wouldn't fire up. SO rather than than mess...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
Just had a new worcester bosch. 1000 combi boiler to replace 18yr old vokera. No problems with new boiler. Enquiring about yearly maintenance / safety check and service i £19.00. per month, £228 one off yearly payment. It includes parts and labour if needed. As new boiler is under warranty...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock