Search the forum,

Discuss Boilermate 2000 difficulties after draindown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi Chaps,

I'm in need of some advice if anyone has a minute or two.

A decorator drained down my boilermate 2000 to allow him to install a new radiator and now the boiler won't fire up.

The boilermate is showing 3 illuminated LEDs but nothing on the little LCD screen and it feels like only the pump on the right (out of the 3) is running.

Does anyone know how I can get the system back up again?

Oh deer...

What could have caused that? I understand that you don't have a crystal ball, but could this have been caused by the drain down etc...?

Had one of these a couple of weeks back if right hand pump running all the time it is the PCB anything from £300 + cost of fitting, depends what they did when they drained system, but that the chance you take when you don't get in the right people to do the job, why let a decorator do the radiator, think yourself lucky he didn't flood house as well, he was last to mess around with system up to him to put it right, should teach him not to mess with things they don't understand.

Oh deer...

What could have caused that? I understand that you don't have a crystal ball, but could this have been caused by the drain down etc...?

Don't need a crystal ball.

It was working before the 'Decorator' drained the system and added a new panel.
I would be asking the 'Decorator' to repair the system to at least the standard to which he found the system - operational.

Good luck - did the 'Decorator' offer to do the alterations / additions for you and charge you for them.
If so - he is responsible for the problems that have occurred.

I hope you still owe him some money!!!!

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boilermate 2000 difficulties after draindown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock