Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler Service - Cost/Time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MILLSY

Hi Guys

Looking to get my boiler serviced (Ariston ACO 32 MFFI) and was wondering appx how much it should cost and how long it should take the engineer if done properly?

ps. any of you guys in the Wigan area and want the job give me a shout :)

Thanks Brett

Just had a quote, £35 quid seems cheap to me??? or is that about right?

It might just require a safety check, combustion analysis and the condense trap cleaned and re-charged in which case a relatively straight forward procedure, if it requires cleaning this will take longer and a new combustion chamber seal will be required. I'm not sure what the rates are like where you are but for London that would be a cheap price

Thanks guys, its 4 years old and never been serviced (I know it should be done every year :( ) I phoned this engineer up he didn't ask any questions apart from which boiler is it and just said "it'll be £35 mate", I'd rather pay more and get a proper job done if he's gonna 'blag' it so to speak.

I wouldn't say he would be necessarily blagging it, times are tough at the mo which is bound to push some peoples rates down a bit, I regularly hear of guys doing work at silly prices, I could rant about how they're spoiling it for others but people have to survive. Just out of interest how did you find him?

I went on the GSR website and he was listed on there so presumed he'd be ok (im not saying he isn't) just £35 for a service seemed cheap to me. I was expecting £50-80 summet like that.

I'm not saying that it needs a strip down ('cause obviously I've not seen it) but you could ask if the price includes a new combustion chamber seal, his (or another's) answer might give you some kind of gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Service - Cost/Time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock