Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler plus load compensation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Just looking at the gas safe mag about the 4 choices to add for boiler plus regulations. One of the four listed is load compensation, i'm confused.. The boiler does the load compensation with room stat.. Why have they listed something that is already part of the boiler?

It's simply more control , at the moment many of them are optional extras whereas now they will have to use at least 1 or more,,, If u ask me sticking 1 room stat in a room and trying to control an entire house with thermostatic rad valves that are nowhere near accurate enough is bad,,,, System like the evo home kit by Honeywell is the answer if it wasn't so expensive but at least you save maximum energy/fuel with minimum effort but high outlay , so government should grant a kit for every house free haha

I think a boiler will modulate down as the return begins to come back at a similar temp to the flow
Load compensation will mean it modulates down sooner

If the house is at 19 and the stat calls the boiler on to get back to 20 it only need minimum flame

Just looking at the gas safe mag about the 4 choices to add for boiler plus regulations. One of the four listed is load compensation, i'm confused.. The boiler does the load compensation with room stat.. Why have they listed something that is already part of the boiler?

Load compensation means that the temperature of the hot water going to your radiators is adjusted in keeping with the room temperature. With this feature, when a room is cold the temperature of the hot water going to the radiator is high, but as the room warms up the temperature is lowered so that the comfort is maintained whilst energy use is reduced.

Still don't know how the load compensation will work properly if one room is colder than the rest. Surely each room requires a roomstat and zone valve and then a central stat to load compensate the boiler?

I understand the concept of load compensation and how smart controls can anticipate heat needed etc.. I just don't understand what they are expecting to be fitted/added to a system that is specifically a load compensator. If it is a reference to more than one or multiple room stats they should state it more clearly. The gs mag lists load compensation upfront cost of £50, what product is that?
Are there smart controllers that allow for more than one room stat input ?
The evohome 5 rad starter kit is £550.

If you get the controls with TPI that does it as far as i am aware.
Usually fit manufacturers own kit if easy enough for customers & use weather comp if direct plug/wire into a boiler that supports it.

WB say if you fit there comfort controls your covered. Not sure if this is the case with any other make of control tho.

A good move from Viessmann IMO , their boilers will come with a WC sensor FOC in the box .

Only down side is WC doesnt suit everyone.

Think I’m gonna be fitting OpenTherm boilers but what’s the cheapest OpenTherm thermostat out there ?

For people with money they can pick whatever they like but the majority of people I meet just want a reliable boiler without all the smart controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler plus load compensation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock