Discuss Boiler not filling issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ozington

Hello Chaps,

My first time here bringing my boiler issue.

The summary is:

My boiler is currently showing approx .75bar, there is air in the radiators as you can hear it and it seems to bleed for days then stop, but no water bleeds. Eventually the tallest radiator did bleed water, but then a different radiator would bleed air until nothing came out.

When filling the boiler from the filling loop, it fills for about 2-3 seconds, then immediately starts pouring water out of the PRV.

From my vast experience (read: Google) it sounds like it is either the expansion vessel, or the PRV. It seems very simple to replace the PRV, but any advice would be welcome.

The boiler is an old Vailant Turbomax 28/2e.

Sounds like either the prv is faulty or gauge is faulty best to get a gas safe Eng out

Can I replace the PRV myself? It seems pretty simple to drain, one clip and one nut?

Oz.

Can I replace the PRV myself? It seems pretty simple to drain, one clip and one nut?

Oz.

I would say no as I think you need to take the boiler case off

The PRV on mine actually sticks out below, mine is completely open underneath and wouldntt need to open anything up at all to change it.

I'm not an engineer by any standard, but am relatively confident! I think for the cost of ÂŁ10 for a new one it seems worth giving it a go. Will turn gas and boiler off completely first, what could go wrong!

The PRV on mine actually sticks out below, mine is completely open underneath and wouldntt need to open anything up at all to change it.

I'm not an engineer by any standard, but am relatively confident! I think for the cost of ÂŁ10 for a new one it seems worth giving it a go. Will turn gas and boiler off completely first, what could go wrong!

If that was the only issue I would say ok but as you got a few more best to get a hesting eng out

No point replacing PRV if tanks are faulty, same thing will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler not filling issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Back