Discuss Boiler leaking from ... well, that's what I'd like to know! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

However. You have changed the PRV which is a safety control device. Which means you do actually need to put the cover back onto
The boiler and get it checked over. You probably will not get much more advice here.
I certainly don't want to take any risks, whether safety-related or legal. But obviously the rule isn't simply, 'Don't touch a boiler' as user controls are part of it. Is there an easy link that will tell me what I can and can't do?

I certainly don't want to take any risks, whether safety-related or legal. But obviously the rule isn't simply, 'Don't touch a boiler' as user controls are part of it. Is there an easy link that will tell me what I can and can't do?
It’s really quite simple there is zero which you want to do and have done to your gas boiler Already that you are legally able to do, if you have a problem with a tap,washer or your drains you can ask we wil help
But not with gas work...Shaun Corbs ....Rob Foster aka centralheatking

The stuff you've already done on your own boiler in your own home, for no financial reward can be allowable in law & by the regs if you're a 'competent person' with the required knowledge, technical expertise & experience. If told anything else it's misinformation, albeit with the best safety-conscious intentions. I am not GSR, btw.
You may well be a superb craftsman in another discipline. However, just that you're needing to ask what this leaking item is suggests you don't yet have the knowledge or experience parts of 'competent' & you could do unsafe work without realising. Bite the bullet, stay safe & get someone in.

Reply to Boiler leaking from ... well, that's what I'd like to know! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least...
Replies
Views
Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock