Discuss boiler in zone three bathroom. in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

whats the story on a boiler in a bathroom guys, its in zone three, does it need to be boxed in a cupboard? its lpg.

zone 3 has been discontinued on the 17 ed the wiring regs
leaving just zone 0,1, and 2
but i will check to see if anything else applies later cheers

i thought with 17th edition your not allowed 240v in bathroom

no sockets within 3 meters of zone 1
zone 2 being 0.6 meters from the bath
there is other requirements for fixed appliances in bathrooms in what is now called the ' location'
the prob with the regs is it is not what you can and cannot do but paragraphs that can seem to contradict one another
the important points as i see it is that if it is a plug and socket - can it be used for something else (hair dryer for example)
how far from zone 1
is it rcd protected
is the house wired to 17 edition ie main bonding 16 mil gas / water 10 mil
is ze ok eccetera
if not the appliance will need supplementary bonding
it may need suplementary bonding any way if manufactures instruction says so .
is the appliance in a cupboard ( this seems to be regarding zone 0,1,2.)

i dont feel its right to spout off the regs ie take my word for it although i have them in front of me
what i will say is i will phone napit tomorrow and say what they have to say and report back
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
switch fused spurs allowed outside zone 2 ie in excess of 0.6 meters from the bath horizontally
sockets 3 metres horizontally from zone 1 (zone 1 is above the bath)
all sockets and switch fused spurs to be rcd protected in a bathroom /shower room
basically 17 regs discontinued zone 3
so in answer to op question - no action needs to be taken if the above observed
hope this helps

so am i right in saying if its between .6 and 3 meters away from the bath horizontally it needs to be on an rcd protected fused spur?

Every circuit in a bathroom needs to be protected by its own independent rcd or rcbo but your correct on your dimensions horizontally

yes agree
quality reg 701.411.3.3 additional protection by rcd,s
additional protection shall be provided for all circuits of the location,by the use of one or more rcd,s
i am reading it as say two or more circuits sharing an rcd and you read it as each circuit on its own rcd /rcbo
this seems to be a problem with the regs but i would agree that independent rcd/ rcbo,s is safer i just wish they would have included (independent)in the paragraph
ditto about dimensions
cheers

just reread original thread and poster asks about boiler in bathroom my answer was regarding zone 3 and the electrical regs
but working with a gas safe engineer today who stated that boilers in bathrooms should be in cupboards
cheers

must be a room sealed appliance to go in a bathroom from gas regs.
i couldnt see anything about cupboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler in zone three bathroom. in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Thought I'd attempt to outrank another forum. But I'm not sure my skills are there yet 🤔 😕 😅 Plumbing Zone forum. And contractor talk and...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock