Discuss boiler about to be thrown off high cliff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doowie

Hi all I've a grant vortex combi 26e that has been trouble since we had it installed 3 years ago
the latest fault has come at a perfect time, 2 weeks after the birth of our 1st child.
here goes: The boiler decided it would drop our hot water pressure to a fine dribble from the tap. I called 2 local plumbers that both didn't turn up. One of which told me to replace the in-line filter before the boiler itself and descale the heat exchanger and blendidng valve.
I carried out this work and for a split second it all seemed to work, and that was it. Now not only do we have a fine dribble its now cold water only. The boiler is going into 'overheat mode' and shutting down which means we have no central heating either.
If anyne has any advice it'd be most helpful
If not the boiler is being driven to kimmeridge bay next weekend and getting thrown off the top of the cliff and I will stand there laughing like a mad man for a good half an hour remembering all the trouble I had over the last 3 years, and all the hair I used to have before I got the thing installed. :D

if its kimmeridge bay in dorset, then you have lovely chalky water and scaled up hex is the issue as mentioned. careful about lobbing it off a cliff as its a beaty spot full of fossil hunters and they wont like it:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Scaled up. If it gets too bad even descaler won't shift it. Replace and fix the cause. Whatever boiler you have will experience the same problem. Problems like this are usually down to incorrect installation. The installer should have checked the hardness and installed a softening device if required.

I would chuck every Grant oil boiler off a cliff. But that's just me. Steps back and waits for the 'we love Grant' brigade.

I hate grants too.

tbh I much prefer Warmflow.

Except for the turbulator springs on the secondary hex........

I like the springs over the twisted ornaments in the Grants. You can clean the springs by whacking them on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler about to be thrown off high cliff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock