Search the forum,

Discuss Bloody electricians in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I've been to three jobs in the last week, where these fools have cable tied wiring to my gas pipes! Why do us gsr guys know this reg and the sparkles don't.
i despair.

Put them in their place. The one I'm having to work with is an idiot of the highest order. The last straw was discussing the s plan plus wiring. The conversation ended with me telling just to drop three fused spurs into the plant room. Unfortunately he asked why, the part vulacan in me couldnt lie. He wasnt happy.

There not there, I'm having to write notices out. Which I hate, it takes to long and you get a million questions. "He's a qualified electrician" blah, blah,blah.

Cut the tie wraps.

I once drilled out joists for my pipe runs. Come back the day after next to find cables through my holes. My snips were busy. I was there next day, so was sparky, what was left of his cables were swept up into the corner. Made for a fun rest of job, but he didnt extract the urine again.

Dont know why its always sparkies who are the hardest to work with on site. Now where's that 2 day fasttrack sparkie course I book marked?

I had this text of one today , next time your at ... Can u check the feed to the toilet in utility as I knicked it when drilling

To be honest most are ok, you just seem to get a few numnuts in a row. If a spark had been ok on site and came and told me he'd caught a pipe, no problem, I would sort it at no cost. If he had been a bell, then it would be the most expensive repair under the sun.

We were doing a 3 story extension few weeks back and i was drilling rad holes in floor so couldnt see beneath and i went through one of the ring main cables (not yet powered). To save sparky moaning and makin stink i used HIS cable ripped old one out and put in new cable back to meter as it was first socket in the ring..... oooops these things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bloody electricians in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
N
Hey guys, I've searched the forum, but haven't found anything useful. I don't know the name of the thing I'm looking for, so I apologize in advance if this is something basic that I should have found in a search. So basically, my electrician is an old fella who doesn't know much about heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job he did he overcharged me, caused a little damage in my kitchen where he was working and after many requests has not provided me with a receipt ( 7...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock