Search the forum,

Discuss black alkathene in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi ive got to change a leaking stop tap which comes off black alkathene mains. Will a 22mm stop tap fit the existing nut off the leaking stop tap?

What size black alk is it?

3/8" 1/2" or 3/4

Have a look here at the Imperial to metric couplings

[DLMURL="http://www.plasson.co.uk/main.asp?product_id=10430&cat=products&sCat=product&sel_nav1=49&sel_nav2=231"]Plasson UK PlassOne - Simply Push to Fit - PlassOne Fittings[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
If its 3/4" OD its 1/2"

if its 1/2" OD its 3/8"

and if its 1" OD its 3/4"

The stop tap looked like a 22mm inlet with a 15mm outlet with drain off. Will a 22mm stop tap with a 15mm reducer on the outlet fit in its place or will i have to take the existing nut an olive off an get a fitting on the black alk to take it to metric stop tap?

I would convert to metric, but you could try a 22mm s/t but i dont think the existing nut will fit.

i've changed a couple of these, the existing nut won't fit a new 22mm stop tap you will have to remove the old one and olive and just use a 22-15 reducer for the top fitting.

I did one and had to get a plasson adaptor.

hi done this before 22mm stopcock black pipe imperial olive other end use 22 to 15 reducing set hope this helps

You will need an adaptor. The neatest are the Kuterlites (K1710KP). Get them from most merchants. Or use a philmac or plasson fitting if you have the space.
The valve that is fitted is probably a Kuterlite valve.

I can recommend the Philmac fittings, easy to use but as Tamz says you need a bit of space as they are a bit bulky.

hi ended up cutting the olive out and removing the nut then just used a 22mm stop tap with an imperial olive and reduced to 15mm on the outlet. Thanks for all the advice

I agree with Tamz. You can use plasson or philmac fittings but i find they are very bulky. Yorkshire do the Kuterlite fittings with the copper inserts which are much more slender. I disagree with Tamz in so far as most merchants will have them. Seems round here you have to order a 15mm end feed coupler these days.

** edited sorry did not see see second page and prob was resolved

Last edited by a moderator:
Pts usually stock them up here but i know what you mean with stock.
Called into a Plumbline (Plumbase) last week for a couple of bits and pieces and had to go to the next merchants (luckily around the corner) to get it all. They even only had 1 bottle of propane but dozens of mapp gas at near twice the price. Probably hoping to shift the mapp. The stock levels are terrible now even on the simple everyday stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to black alkathene in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock