Discuss bet you didnt know this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poor replacement for boss white and hemp.

Rarely use it myself, I prefer Loctite 55.

Love Ptfe, as the threaded fitting can be removed easily years later, unlike boss White & hemp which needs the torch at fitting first & a lot of work cleaning the threads. Good that Boss White & Hemp is, though.

A poor replacement for boss white and hemp.

Rarely use it myself, I prefer Loctite 55.

Is it as good, I tried using it, but found it very difficult to put on, leaks a lot and comes off a lot when tightening up. may try it again as only tried it when i first started out. do you use it on radiator tales?

Is it as good, I tried using it, but found it very difficult to put on, leaks a lot and comes off a lot when tightening up. may try it again as only tried it when i first started out. do you use it on radiator tales?

If you wrap it round a few times then form a sort of olive shape this might help.

6 wraps of loctite 55 in the thread and a thin smear of jet blue does it every time for me. I think a lot of people overload the thread and it pushes off.

LDF = bubbles i.e. pass me the bubbles so i can test this nipple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bet you didnt know this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock