Search the forum,

Discuss Best reason for a discount? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the conversation went like this:

"Can we do anything about the VAT as I pay higher rate tax so to make my income go further I have to try and pay tradesmen in cash and save the 20% to make my money go further"

Had to laugh at the barefaced cheek!

So the conversation went like this:

"Can we do anything about the VAT as I pay higher rate tax so to make my income go further I have to try and pay tradesmen in cash and save the 20% to make my money go further"

Had to laugh at the barefaced cheek!

LOL Just missing the violins..........hate them when they are like that. It is either this or have just paid the deposit for the villa in Tuscany !!

Always the same, them with money are the worst.

That's how they get to have lots of money in the first place.

All the decent people have to struggle through life, while the scroungers and tight fisted plebs like him get everything handed to them on a plate.

i would have just said as a plumber we get investigated all the time now so cash jobs get declaired so give me your money

That was my reply - particularly as we're involved in renewables I'm frequently claiming back from the VAT man so I wouldn't be surprised to get investigated at some point....

My other reply to the how much for cash would be more cos its more expensive to bank!

LOL keep it simple just ask cash or cheque?

Cash deal Ahh leave it at a round £500 OK?

Cheque no problem leave it a round £500 OK?

Up to you to write an invoice with Cash Customer in the Name / Address box and keep all three copies.

Now comes the honesty test :)

I always use the card machine now, so now everything shows up in the account regardless.

The VAT people are far worse than the tax people, nothing gets past them.

Had a VAT inspector ask me if I would do a job for cash once. Don't do them, not worth years in prison.

i always hear differing stories with vat and tax man think depends whom you get on the day .

We often take payment in cash - there is nothing wrong in this - we issue a reciept.

Cash is better than a bounced cheque. Direct electronic payment is King we love it.

Never Never mess about with the vat man - a friend did once - got a phone call at
6am - he said i will meet you at 9am - No they said we are on your drive NOW -

He was still shaking in the pub that night ! and he had not really been naughty just
a bit dis-organised

centralheatking

LOL keep it simple just ask cash or cheque?

Cash deal Ahh leave it at a round £500 OK?

Cheque no problem leave it a round £500 OK?

Up to you to write an invoice with Cash Customer in the Name / Address box and keep all three copies.

Now comes the honesty test :)

To clarify:

There should be no difference between the cash or cheque amount.

In the event of a cash sale for a customer who thinks they escaped the VAT element you can write the invoice "Cash Sale"

The honesty test is down to you, will I write the Cash sale invoice or keep the cash in my pocket?

Remember it takes a lot work balancing your books if you start down the cash job route, Revenue are not stupid they know the
average material cost for most jobs so no point in assigning twice the number of fittings to all boiler installations expecting to
get away with claiming the VAT on purchases for jobs that don't have a paper trail.

Keep it honest a lot less work plus peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best reason for a discount? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock