Discuss Best reason for a discount? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the conversation went like this:

"Can we do anything about the VAT as I pay higher rate tax so to make my income go further I have to try and pay tradesmen in cash and save the 20% to make my money go further"

Had to laugh at the barefaced cheek!

So the conversation went like this:

"Can we do anything about the VAT as I pay higher rate tax so to make my income go further I have to try and pay tradesmen in cash and save the 20% to make my money go further"

Had to laugh at the barefaced cheek!

LOL Just missing the violins..........hate them when they are like that. It is either this or have just paid the deposit for the villa in Tuscany !!

Always the same, them with money are the worst.

That's how they get to have lots of money in the first place.

All the decent people have to struggle through life, while the scroungers and tight fisted plebs like him get everything handed to them on a plate.

i would have just said as a plumber we get investigated all the time now so cash jobs get declaired so give me your money

That was my reply - particularly as we're involved in renewables I'm frequently claiming back from the VAT man so I wouldn't be surprised to get investigated at some point....

My other reply to the how much for cash would be more cos its more expensive to bank!

LOL keep it simple just ask cash or cheque?

Cash deal Ahh leave it at a round ÂŁ500 OK?

Cheque no problem leave it a round ÂŁ500 OK?

Up to you to write an invoice with Cash Customer in the Name / Address box and keep all three copies.

Now comes the honesty test :)

I always use the card machine now, so now everything shows up in the account regardless.

The VAT people are far worse than the tax people, nothing gets past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best reason for a discount? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock