Search the forum,

Discuss Best ratchet cutters for Marley waste pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always just used a junior saw, but decided to get myself cutters for waste pipe , I know some are more suited to poly pipe, guy I work fae bought some that seemed to have trouble getting through Marley which I mainly use willing to spend up to about£40

I have pipe slices for waste pipe. Use a wratchet for speedfit, mdpe, hep ect.

Dont know who makes the pipeslices but they work a treat. Cut though some Marley pushfit waste the other day. Had to squeeze the cutter a little as it has a slightly small OD.

Anyway went through a treat. Cost me £18 each. One in inch and a quarter, one in inch and half...job done and within your budget. Most plumbers merchants sell em.

the slices are great and I'm hearing about this nylon string trick also should be handy :)

rothenberger do a range of ratchet cutters in diffrent sizes that can be used for waste pipe which are really good. There is a trick to using them for best results. I run mine around the pipe slowly adding pressure then cut through. I also have the pipeslice type which are great.

Rothenberger Rocut 42TC Professional Plastic Pipe Cutter Shears - Transtools

I agree with this.
I use it to cut waste, polypipe etc, it will cut with ease any plastic pipe. I hardly get to use the hacksaw now. In fact i have just bought another cutter just in case i loose one.
Although i would suggest the rocut 50TC that way you can use it for any plastic pipe up to 50mm(2").

You won't know how good this is until you have tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best ratchet cutters for Marley waste pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste. This horizontal run is below floorboards but I can't get to the TEE or under the tee to add a boss vertically. ( the current Bath is bossed way in...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock