Currently reading:
best budget combi..

Discuss best budget combi.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hey chaps, got a few jobs for dreaded landlords to replace boilers. as you know they are all tight arses and don't want to pay for anything, i normally only fit wb's and have not really ventured into the budget side of things. probably looking at 28kw in size and was wondering which is the "best" cheapest boiler on the market. thank you please.:)

New ideals look very much improved and i think you get a 5 year warranty now which landlords love!

really....i thought everybody hated the ideal stuff,have you got a link so i can have look at them

The bloke who im working for had a demo from the ideal guy the other day on the new ideal logic+ and it did look impressive and maintanance wise/repair wise everything just uncliped.

depending on where your are moogwai could you not get the bloke to come out and see you, the bloke who im working for just got his plumbcentre rep to give them a bell and they came out the following day to give him a demo.

they do look quite good don't they,i'll have to have a look into these.

potterton performa 30 he,good quality,trouble free,simple boilers:)they dont give me any trouble at all

ferroli 30kw band a 5 year warranty at plumb center not the best but ok

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tried the 24he and 30he band b?

I have fitted a few 24's for tight landlords. Given the choice I always try to get them to go for the 30 Eco. having said that the 24's have peformed well and have been reliable.

Potterton mains 30 he as said are good,get jig with it also

Advanta now do a eco combi 24 ,not sure if they do 28

Alphas are good boilers and doing a sales push at the moment,worth a look
Would stay away from ferroli for now,they have had problems they last few years.probably why the are offering 5 years warranty but £400 hay got to be good but would put Ariston above them
Be careful of these long warranties,all paper work,servicing and system has to be spot on
I do not find they make a big difference in selling boiler,most people are happy with two years

cripes, getting tired of hearing such and such boiler has a 5yr guarantee. almost all of them do. get into the nitty grityy small print and its not so much of a guarantee.
lets not be rating boilers for the peice of guarantee paper that comes with it, but instead rate them cos you havnt had to use your 5yr guarantee !!!

can get this for £440.....now that is cheap,but are they any good??
thanks for all your suggestions lads i will keep them all in mind.

thats plus though is it? would stay with baxi/main/performa 510 inc pts for 24 he

There is a small independant local to me (yorkshire) they do a pro combi 28kw with built in mechincal timer, standard horizontal flue and filling loop for 450 all in

There is a small independant local to me (yorkshire) they do a pro combi 28kw with built in mechincal timer, standard horizontal flue and filling loop for 450 all in

thats good. i think i am leaning towards this boiler as the place its goin in a right s**thole and putting anything better in would be a crime!!! and they do a stand off bracket so i can run the pipes behind it.

quality....does your place do mail order,pm me with their number if poss.

Last edited:
I will check tommorow as they are closed now but obviously postage would be extra

I'm fitting Pro Combi A28HE getting it with flue & clock for £515 for customer whos on a tight budget

before anyone mentions its an old post i know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best budget combi.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock