Search the forum,

Discuss beko cookers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

beko on the news again due to the cooker fault that can kill

best buy ltd

sold loads of those cookers, where are they now?

Father of one of the victims is shaking his stick again. I think they only found 73% of the cookers sold. He's campaigning for a better system of recalls with regard to this. Didn't seem to mention that his son wouldn't have died if he had followed the instructions and not closed the door whilst using the grill.

How come this has come up again?

ITV news are doing a currently doing a campaign on recalled electricals.

They say that 80% of recalled electricals are still in peoples homes and they're causing fires and killing people.

They want a better system in place where more of the appliances are traced and fixed.

So far they've shown this Beko cooker and a Bosch dishwasher.

Maybe they should do the faulty Vaillant boilers next?

it gets put into a TB or simular then its the engineers fault for not spotting one.

and i posted it up as a sticky in both gsr forums months ago

it gets put into a TB or simular then its the engineers fault for not spotting one.

I had been wondering about this.
eg. If you do a Landlord check - and there is one of these but you don't spot it - do you become responsible for any later death/injury?

There were 7,000 of this type not accounted for in Dec 2012 and it is not just BeKo brand.

I had been wondering about this.
eg. If you do a Landlord check - and there is one of these but you don't spot it - do you become responsible for any later death/injury?

There were 7,000 of this type not accounted for in Dec 2012 and it is not just BeKo brand.

good question, if its a visual check you may not even see the model number but if your doing a full safety check i guess you should spot it?

thought its just customer using grill wrong so is it not their problem for using wrong . if used correctly its safe .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to beko cookers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys I'm moving to a flat but where the cooker is situated. I can't get a vented extractor fan as it's the same wall as the next door flat. Are the none vented ones any good ? Which one should I be looking out for ? Or avoid ? Any tips will be helpful
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but it looks great so far. I have a question about classifying a cooker .... Is a cooker with missing knobs AR or ID? I can work the hobs using the metal parts so they do work, but the plastic control knobs are mostly missing. Any ideas? thanks
Replies
Views
Hi there, Big gas noob here. We got a gas cooker installed a few days ago, and the gas cooker is now sitting quite far away from the wall (3cm which sounds like not much but throws the balance off of the kitchen), which means there's a large gap now between the cooker and the wall, but it now...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently moved in to a house and in one of the kitchen units where I want to put a intergrated freezer there is a small pipe coming out of the wall. Assuming it's a old gas pipe for the cooker that's been capped as the kitchen no longer requires it. Can this be removed by a...
Replies
Views
R
Is it possible to change my rayburn royal from a cooker which also runs the hot water in my house to just a cooker. I want to have a combination boiler put in. Can you just disconnect the water side of it and still use the cooker or do we have to do something else to it in order to just use...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock