Discuss Baxi Solo 2 40 PF Luke Warm Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Triumph_GT6

Gents, as always, random new person with a new question....hope you can help.

Boiler: Baxi 2 40 PF
3 Port Valve: Replaced 2008
Pump: Replaced 2011
Problem: Luke warm CH and HW.

Worked fine on Sunday, boiler potentiometer on 1/2, hallway stat set at 20 deg, radiators red hot, hot water red hot.

Tuesday morning, everything Luke warm!

Stripped boiler down this weekend, burner in great condition, injector clean and unblocked. Overall - looks in fine fettle.

Stat in the hall calls for CH when required, boiler fires up as normal. Fan is audible. 3 way port opens/closes etc when the call for HW comes in.

Tried turn up the potentiometer to full, makes little to no difference.
Pump was a little noisy so replaced that to please the missus.

No overheat light comes on.

Any ideas?

How about the boilers thermostat sensor, if knackered could this tell the boiler its up to temp when its not? Shall I replace this as my first port of call?

All help genuinely appreciated. You wont believe how much money you save non-tradesmen.

so your a diyer and you striped down your own boiler regardless of the safety aspect involved?

To say I did it regardless of the safety aspect involved is a little presumptuous. But then again, I did exaggerate when I said "stripped down". Apologies.

To be clear, I took the front off it, inspected the burner, injector and the overall well being inside.

I wouldn't touch the control valve, or any other component I deem to be beyond my level of competency. Sliding out a burner and unscrewing an injector I can manage....

So let me start again, I performed a visual inspection to aid in getting an answer to my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
right let me be very clear,you removed the combustion door which you being a diyer and is a offence under the GSIUR(GAS SAFETY INSTALLATION AND USER REGULATIONS),as i said you carried out work on a boiler regardless of the risks involved and without the skills or tests required to leave it in a safe working manner,this forum is monitored by gas safe,you can get a fine of up to or exceeding £5000,not wishing to scare you,why take the risk? just get a gas safe engineer to fix it for you

Okay thanks for the reply gas man, point taken and you are right. I will get a pro in.

So that I am best armed for when the engineer comes, what do we think they might pin the problem on?

Might just get a combi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo 2 40 PF Luke Warm Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after...
Replies
Views
My firebird oil boiler hw supply is luke warm, but does heat up slightly when run if the ch is on at the same time. Is this a faulty diverter...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock