Discuss baxi duotec ga in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

serviced one this wk - was a nice install only problem the condense come down 4" then through wall in 32mm very tidy but impossiple to remove the condense sump without cutting the pipe and refitting with coupler ok this time but not possible next year due to no space for another coupler - bad design

they are a poor boiler imo. Never serviced one but have had to report alot of new ones under warrantee. Mianly due to gas valve failure.

they are supposed to be intelligent and reconise the type of gas supply on self commission. I did a new build job with abot 30 of them on and about half decided they were fitted to a LPG supply and i had to alter the software settings to get them into Nat Gas mode.

wouldnt be so bad if the heat team customer service was so poor i guess, but they tend to be hopeless and take on average 20 mins to answer the phone.

never noticed the condense would be a service problem, i wonder how many have done what you have?

Last edited:
they are a poor boiler imo. Never serviced one but have had to report alot of new ones under warrantee. Mianly due to gas valve failure.

they are supposed to be intelligent and reconise the type of gas supply on self commission. I did a new build job with abot 30 of them on and about half decided they were fitted to a LPG supply and i had to alter the software settings to get them into Nat Gas mode.

wouldnt be so bad if the heat team customer service was so poor i guess, but they tend to be hopeless and take on average 20 mins to answer the phone.

never noticed the condense would be a service problem, i wonder how many have done what you have?
flue gas analyser reading was high while it started up untill gas valve settled scared me at first - was told let it run 10 min before testing - cant be that good if reading is not to scratch untill 10 mins . the one i was on took a few mins to settle.

the fga reads were fine on the new ones i fitted, you do get the "baxi gas leak" out the end of the flue on start up.

Ant plumb do a compression overflow socket, so it can be easily disconnected in future......it's like a macAlpine socket but 21.5mm!.....

do you need to remove it? same hex as duotec 1 being stainless not seeing much debris in the traps

small amount of gas out the flue on fire up which can be smelt quite strongly. if its a still day it can sometimes be reported as a gas leak.

plenty of baxi's do this.

Ant plumb do a compression overflow socket, so it can be easily disconnected in future......it's like a macAlpine socket but 21.5mm!.....
cheers will get one for next time

Never had an issue with Heat Team other than last winter when I was on hold for about an hour and I gave up.

when on hold they play the worst music aswell, they should replace it with a counter........... at the third stroke this call has now cost your £3.50.

I usually just type the number into say no to 0870. You do get quite a few good numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi duotec ga in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I...
Replies
Views
Hello All, First post here, I confess to being wet behind the ears with Baxi 105e major problem so its Urgent! It started with Flame Failure...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock