Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 105e dhw strange in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hope someone can offer some help with this issue, I have a Baxi 105e works fine no real downside, serviced looked after regularly. Have an issue with hot water, open hot water taps runs cold and indicates on boiler 60degrees or pump or pressure problem. Leave it ten seconds open taps again low and behold burner starts and hot water delivered. It does this every time, but not when the boiler has just fired for some other reason like keeping the boiler temp up to standard temp. Any advice would be appreciated, the pump seems to be running ok, where is the pressure checked, the diverter and dhw switches seem to be operated on demand. Thanks in advance for your help

Chris, just to update, thanks for all your help, dismantlEd the Venturi was all ok, looked good and cleaned. Decided, to pay attention to the CH diverter section as had looked at DHW diverter section and was happy with that, even though it appeared and I stress it appeared all switches were operating ok. Well took it apart in situ, and found the pin was sticky, so cleaned and looked at diaphragm cleaned all areas made sure the pin moved and retracted with ease. So reassembled and tested hey ho all works perfectly. So I think in hindsight the pin moved but was so sluggish the system did not react until starting again from a mid point, ie. Resting place of first go every worked. Thanks once again for all your help if anyone gets a fault like this look at the CH duverter section first

Reply to Baxi 105e dhw strange in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock