Search the forum,

Discuss Bath tap too fast for the boiler? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Alan Wheeldon

I have a Viessmann boiler 100 35Kw. When I turn the bath tap on full the water comes out cold. If I turn it down the water comes out hot. The tap flow rate is 12 litres per minute. Why can't my Viessmann boiler cope with that? Does it need a new part? Thanks

Fit a flow limiting device to the boiler flow rate

Any 35kw boiler should give a temp of 50C at a flow rate of 12LPM from mains water presently ~ 7C. Don't know what your bath tap flow rate is but you can either install a flow limiting device as above or just throttle the bath tap to give you the required temperature, in the summer the mains temp may reach 15C so the flow rates will be a fair bit higher at the same temperatures, examples below.
From mains temp: 7C
Flow/Temp: 18LPM/35C,15LPM/40C,13LPM/45C,12LPM/50C,10LPM/55C,9LPM/60C.
From mains temp: 15C
Flow/Temp: 25LPM/35C,20LPM/40C,17LPM/45C,14LPM/50C,13LPM/55C,11LPM/60C.

Reply to Bath tap too fast for the boiler? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock