Discuss Basin wrenches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumbingBud

Ok, so I have used a standard basin wrench on tap connectors, but I find them to be awkward and sometimes dont even fit the nuts.

I have heard someone talking about the 'King D1ck' spanner for this sort of thing, but have never seen one.

Anyone got experience of these?

Thanks.

I like the jaw dropper wrenches. Expensive but never let me down yet and have fitted on ancient tap nuts and tap adaptors in Victorian houses to modern builds. Come as a set, one for basins, one for baths but both fit lots of other things.

I two have the jaw droppers and they are very good although I find the sliding handles a bit awkward, almost like they should be coming off the back of the wrench and not the side.

Might just be me though?

I use the bearhug , fits onto standard 3/8 rachet with extension bars. Comes in 1/2 & 3/4 inch sizes. Works a treat.

monument basin wrench has never let me down, also use it on FI adaptors on cylinder coils

Had to chisel backnuts off today!

Tiny basin too small for all my wrenches and whoever fitted it used plaster!!!

Idiot! :33:

I also use the jaw dropper had no problems with using this bit pricey but does the job.

Having owned most tap wrenches out there and quickly launching them across the room in frustration shortly after I give the armeg jaw dropper a massive thumbs up honestly can't rate them high enough can be a bit clumsy in very tight spaces but I can live with that as it's s tool that works and works well !!!!!

Last edited:
i have the jaw droppers which are very good and also a set of different sized box spanners for monobloc taps

always manages with monument wrench and a box spanner i flirted once with a sprung jawed one but then came back to the monument you can carry a tool for every situation but youd need a small lorry to carry them all ive found this the best comprimise

Always preferred my Monument to other models have also got the 2" additional Monument hookjaw to sort out awkward waste backnuts regards turnpin
icon7.png

Armeg Jawdropper all the way. No matter how much more expensive that are, you'll never need anything else. Best tap spanners by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basin wrenches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
Removing basin waste - no backnut present ? I want to replace both the tap and the waste in the cloakroom basin - the tap is showing corrosion...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking to replace taps on a cast iron bath, accessing them is near impossible (i even had to remove toilet). The taps are old lifter type...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock