Discuss Banging radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tom79

Hi,

I have a combi boiler and 1 radiator upstairs is making a banging noise when the heating is turned on.

I have tried bleeding all the radiators and no air came out, just clear water.

I have checked the pressure and its around 1.5 to 2 PSI when running.

It seems to actually come from the radiator and not pipes leading up to it.

Any ideas?

thanks

Does it have a TRV on the rad? If so when it starts banging turn the TRV if this stops it, thats your problem

Hi, had same issue some years ago and the plumber changed the water flow to the thermostat.

from feed to flow or flow to feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Banging radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
My radiators make a bang noise every now and then. Doesn't seem to be a particular radiator instead it will be 1 radiator and then some time later...
Replies
Views
Back