Discuss Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we still feeding the troll lads? We all know that he knows diddly squat - the questions he asked give that away. Now he's just on a wind-up.

Why are we still feeding the troll lads? We all know that he knows diddly squat - the questions he asked give that away. Now he's just on a wind-up.
Yes your right there, heard enough now, Tamz hit it on the head on thread 2.

Guys don't worry I've worked as a sparkys mate before I have a fluke tester and a live wand too. I'm perfectly safe just not an expert at wiring centres. Thanks for your replies though. S noo what does the 3 port valve do if the boiler switches between heating and hot water? Essentially the question I was originally asking is why in all the wiring diagrams I look at does it have a pump in the system, and can I just omit it and connect up everything else.?

tc tc tc another electrician

All someone had to say was the water comes out the top of the cylinder which is higher than the level of the taps so gravity carries the hot water, no pump is needed. It is not pumped by the boiler, a y plan doesn't have to have a pump. I've worked all this out with the ex-british gas plumber you were ridiculing yesterday, after none of the so-called experts on here could offer up this simple advice. So in the end they didn't have to shell out to get it wired back up. There is a lot of hate on here its a bit worrying, it seems to be a trend in forums for people to get out their prams and start making mocking statements because they feel so superior. Its just a job guys calm down you aren't heroes you just go to work because you're getting paid for it. I only wanted to do a favour for someone who was in need of hot water to bathe their children then I get insults and mockery I hope you all feel big and clever.

If I thought you were actually being serious then I would be very worried for anybody whose house you have worked in.

Can this thread be locked before people start calling this bloke a c*** or a p**** or a bell end. Oh that ones ok! There's a pump in the boiler. There's a pump in the boiler. There .... Is ..... A..... Pump..... In..... The..... Boiler!!!! A pump! In the boiler! It's in the friggin boiler! You've been told countless times. Now sod off and stop antagonising the good folk on here.

It is not pumped by the boiler, a y plan doesn't have to have a pump. I've worked all this out with the ex-british gas plumber you were ridiculing yesterday, after none of the so-called experts on here could offer up this simple advice.

What planet are you on? Of course a Y plan needs a pump. It's one of Honeywell's fully pumped systems. What it doesn't necessarily need is another pump if there is already one in the boiler.

water does not come up of the cylinder Mr. electrician ......gravity does not allow this to happen ......water does not run up hill
gravity force from the water that is in the Cold water storage tank does this , as it is higher then the hot water cylinder ,
for every 1m of head gravity gives you 0.1bar pressure
but then you are electrician and even If I spend 30min writhing you would have not understand this basic physical principals any way

Last edited:
I give up. The pump is connected to the flow and return pipes from this system boiler and are connected to the heating coil in the cylinder. The boiler doesn't have water in and out pipes, so how can the pump in the boiler push water to any taps? Have you thought about what you're saying. Experts still telling me there's a pump in the boiler. The pump in the boiler has nothing to do with the hot water, its just for heating the rads and/or cylinder. Are you saying that the central heating water that's been going round the rads suddenly comes out of the tap. The two circuits are completely independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock