Currently reading:
Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump...

Discuss Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OGBUzzard

and the cylinder is on the same level as the bathroom. (2 bed flat all one floor). Am I being foolish or does the cylinder not always have to have a pump to feed hot taps? I'm sorting out the wiring with a 10 block connector strip but every wiring diagram has a pump and a boiler connection...? All i can do is wire it up with whats there and i cant see a pump...Any ideas?

I've been told a y plan needs a pump. I know the boiler has a pump i opened it up and looked at it. All I was asking in my original question is can a system like this work without a pump. In answer to that i got no a y plan must have a pump. And that its not a y plan. Now everyone's saying oh yeah it is a y plan oh yeah this oh yeah that. So now it is a y plan. What bloody system doesn't have a pump on the central heating??? Does anyone here think before they comment. As per usual the original point has been lost and its descended into a slanging match... Congratulations. Anyway its all working now and I have taught myself how a y plan system works and rewired it myself. In a day. Not 3 years at chav college. Cheers

So how does the pump push hot water to the taps if its not connected to the hot water pipes??? Have you thought about what you're saying or do you not have a bull**** filter in your brain.

You are having a laugh aren't you. As safe gas instal and countless others have told you the hot water isn't/ doesn't require a pump in this case because its gravity fed from the cistern to the tank, from the tank to the multiple draw off points (sorry didn't mean to confuse you, taps or shower valve). Please tell us all this a wind up.

You OGBUzzard are an absolute moron!
I reckon I could explain this to my 12 year old nephew and he would have a better grasp on than you do.
As much use as Anne Franks drum kit!!

That's a good quote, will remember that one!

So how does the pump push hot water to the taps if its not connected to the hot water pipes??? Have you thought about what you're saying or do you not have a bull**** filter in your brain.

Nobody on this thread suggested that the pump *does* push water to the taps. You were asking about wiring the pump to the wiring centre. That would be the circulator, which is inside the boiler as so many people have said so often. You are on a wind-up. I call troll!

The op has been reported for insulting the trade, which he has on a number of occasions.

But like Gas man I've not laughed so much in ages so I think I'll just monitor this one for a wee while and have a chat with GM over what to do with chummy....

APPlumbing I must remember to smack your thighs later for your throwing of your dummy lol

the op has certainly not endeared himself to the forum and i will be joining the discussion with Gas Man and croppie later

I insulted the trade because I was being insulted myself. I never posted in the hope of getting in a row.

I insulted the trade because I was being insulted myself. I never posted in the hope of getting in a row.

Yes you did, several times. You've wired it. It's working. So what more do you want from here if it isn't an argument?

and the cylinder is on the same level as the bathroom. (2 bed flat all one floor). Am I being foolish or does the cylinder not always have to have a pump to feed hot taps? I'm sorting out the wiring with a 10 block connector strip but every wiring diagram has a pump and a boiler connection...? All i can do is wire it up with whats there and i cant see a pump...Any ideas?
Follow this from the first quote if you can: contradiction, denial, incompetence> In summary I think this is a brilliant wind up, Just hope it was not someone being serious:speechless:

Am I the only one here who has the vision of him putting the valve on the DHW outlet of the cylinder and scratching his head trying to work out where to put the pump?

I bet if you have wired it off those sheets as a basic Y plan it is not wired correctly and the warranty (If it has been installed by a GSR will be void)

Remember those kids painting books where you paint by numbers? masterpiece worthy of the great impressionists. May be not a good analogy.:willy_nilly:

Follow this from the first quote if you can: contradiction, denial, incompetence> In summary I think this is a brilliant wind up, Just hope it was not someone being serious:speechless:

Its not a contradiction. At first I thought the hot water must need to be pumped but I couldn't see one anywhere, so I was worried there could be one tucked away somewhere. Today I was enlightened as to how the hot water gets to the taps. Pretty simple.

Its not a contradiction. At first I thought the hot water must need to be pumped but I couldn't see one anywhere, so I was worried there could be one tucked away somewhere. Today I was enlightened as to how the hot water gets to the taps. Pretty simple.

Even with your A in GCSE physics it took to today to work out how gravity works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock