Discuss Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen you lot need to calm down I'm doing a favour for someone because they're getting the cupboard re plastered where the wiring centre was. I appreciate your concern but I do know what I'm doing I'm just putting it back how it was. No one is going to get hurt. I've put it back this morning while on the phone to my colleague and it all works fine. The old British gas apprenticeships were actually very good and two of the best plumbers I know have worked for British gas when they started out. its like Lego really I wasn't in college the day they did wiring centres. All I wanted to know was should there be a pump in the system... I'm not a pretend electrician and I don't really appreciate all the insults. This always happens in forums people getting lemon cos they're hiding behind a computer screen. Anyway thanks for all the really really useful advice and help still no one able to answer the pretty simple question. Next time I won't bother. Jeez

Mate, your question was answered three or four times. The pump is inside the boiler. You apparently don't know the difference between a shower pump and a central heating pump, nor between a direct and indirect cylinder. These are alarmingly simple things that anyone working even on the fringes of heating systems should know. Are you surprised that people were concerned about your ability to do the work safely?

If you are not a pretend electrician then you must be qualified. If it was simple to you then you wouldn't be asking!

It could still work but you have just lived up the cylinder. Things like this have happened, hence why you shouldn't touch it if you have issues. Go on a free course and find out how it all works before you mess in soneones house.

There are many people that bodge because a little knowledge is dangerous. You should see some of the gas jobs we come across because people think that they know what they are doing and clearly dont. You can't see most electricity, you can't see carbon monoxide. We are only looking out for your back.
But some people wont listen, they think they know best ! probably been looking on u'tube

This one is very simple, if you don't know, then don't play. Fine, you might know a bit about electrics, but that won't help you in this. I know a couple of sparks who've been in the trade for years but won't wire heating systems.

Won't be much of a favour if you fry the pcb on the boiler.

Its done. Everything's working fine. Thanks for all the really useful advice and help. Turns out its just like Lego. As I said before I wasn't in college the day they did wiring centres. No ones hurt no need to call the police everyone can relax.

Glad you got through this, but you do worry me. Did all your continuity checks ZE, ZS PFC work out ok?

Glad you got through this, but you do worry me. Did all your continuity checks ZE, ZS PFC work out ok?

Trouble is that he didn't worry himself. Still what's the 'absolute' worst that could happen. A short burns the house down and kills somebody. Still if that happens he won't do it again.

I'm not an electrician so no I didn't but the sparky on their job will be doing all that. I'll PM all of you a photo of the test results then you may finally be able to sleep. It really isn't a big deal, I've seen some plumbers out there that can't spell and look like the missing link, and they seem to be able to wire it up ok. Being a plumber doesn't require MENSA membership and some of you need to pull yourselves out of your own arses. Wages for plumbing these days are bloody terrible anyway I don't envy you. I do my own plumbing and for friends and family so they don't get ripped off by jumped up labourers with a spanner. I'm a refurb contractor and I know enough about every trade not to get mugged off.

Ah that explains everything you know a little of every trade and not a lot about all of them then if you can't differentiate between systems

HAHAHAHA I was the one answering my own questions here, no one helped one bit. I told you lot it was a y plan. I worked that out because of the components in the system, and the fact it had a v4703 mid pos valve. All I wanted to know was whether every system needs a pump, I thought it might have been under their floor or something. I still didn't get the answer, someone even said "a y plan won't work without a pump". I wish I'd never asked to be honest. Thanks though for all the really really useful advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock