Discuss Availlant 242 keeps firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roberts78

Hi, I have an Availlant turbomax 242 boiler and for some reason it keeps firing itself up staying on for a couple of minutes and then back off even though the timer is off, at fist I thought maybe it was the cold weather but it has warmed up now so I would be surprised if its that.

It has been doing this for about a week now, since it has been doing it I have replaced the pressure relief valve as it was leaking, it fixed the leak but it still turns on and off. Any ideas of things to try?

I have just noticed when it does come on the radiator light flickers around a little bit, also if you put a bit of pressure on the timer clock and turn it slightly the boiler fires up. Does this mean I should look at replacing the timer?

The timer on my unit is an analogue clock with little nodules that you push in an out as and when you want the boiler to come on.

you have the warnstart turned on but for the life of me i cant remember how to turn it of on that model earlier ones had a seperate switch and later ones you turn the hw stat to off anyone remember how?
you could go to the vailant site for op instructions if you dont have them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Availlant 242 keeps firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
I have a portable gas fire which keeps switching off. The pilot light lifts for 10 seconds, critically above the thermocouple and then the gas...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock