Search the forum,

Discuss Ariston Microgenious 23 MFFI Fully Modulating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wet Bandit

Hi folks,

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have a customer that would like to get rid of there electric shower in favour of a thermostatic mixer. They tell me they have the above mentioned boiler. Depending on what the consensus reckons I'd probably recommend a Mira Excel Thermostatic Mixer Shower.

Couple of things:

• What's the reliability like for Ariston Microgenious'?
  • Mira require fully modulating combis, is this fully modulating?
  • Do you think it would cope with the extra demand?

I welcome your views.

Cheers,

Matt

microgenus not bad in its day,getting on a bit now but easy to fix,it is fully modulating however i am having a nightmare with a mira excell at the moment only been in 3 weeks inlet o rings have failed twice,i only bought it because it replaced a 10 year old excell,mira are panning me because i used the existing nuts i am about to ramp things up with them and get a bit nasty,shower wise i would go grohe,never had any issues with them

I for one would definitely not be fitting a mixer shower and expecting one of these boilers to run without issue.
It must be 8-10 year old and if it copes with a mixer shower now, I would certainly expect it to give problems very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston Microgenious 23 MFFI Fully Modulating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all:) This is my first post here. My Dad recently had an Ariston Next Evo X SFT 16L multipoint water heater installed to replace the previous one that was leaking. What concerns me is that it basically takes about one and a half minutes for the water to reach even a a basic useful...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this is an old question but here goes. I'm looking for some advice regarding switching from a conventional boiler to a combi. I moved into my current house about a year ago. It has a conventional boiler with a hot water tank. The boiler is Vitodens 100-W, which is a condenser boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The issue is that my Gledhill Stainless Lite indirect unvented cylinder makes loud noises when heating - this is a bit random, but that noise is loud enough...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock