Discuss Anyone know of any combis that can be ran on an open vented system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iain85

As per title, pipe work is old and ran in concrete so am reluctant to change to sealed system. Custard is adamant on a combi so was wondering if anyone knew of a modern one that can do it?

Intergas! Tee in F+E on return and disconnect pressure sensor. Expansion kit comes separate so just don't order, though you will still need to get a Isolator for cold main and gas.

Ok I will look into them thanks, do you mean they don't come with isolation valves on the boiler or am I missing something?

But with a OV install works out cheaper to buy 1 x 15mm and 1 x 15-22mm lever valves than the kit.

Seems a bit weird that you don't get isolation valves with the boiler as standard.

As per title, pipe work is old and ran in concrete so am reluctant to change to sealed system. Custard is adamant on a combi so was wondering if anyone knew of a modern one that can do it?

Intergas love :)

The one i was talking about yesterday.

Yes good timing bill. Might give one a go depending on if the custard gives the go ahead. Il keep you posted.

Seems a bit weird that you don't get isolation valves with the boiler as standard.

As mike mentioned they come with the fixing kits, and depending on which kit you get the valves vary in type.

Ive got the five year installer scheme to activate when i move to my own registration.

ill ring up and find out if i can apply it to your install.

I'm fitting one in the office I'm Doing atm.

As mike mentioned they come with the fixing kits, and depending on which kit you get the valves vary in type.

You don't get a fixing kit with the boiler?? Sounds like a nightmare trying to order a boiler, have to add loads of different bits which should just come as standard with a boiler.

You don't get a fixing kit with the boiler?? Sounds like a nightmare trying to order a boiler, have to add loads of different bits which should just come as standard with a boiler.

Think that's how they get away with saying only 1 moving part! Pump is separate, gas valve is separate and fan is only available next day.

Long story Iain, but no. It appears that one of their national merchants won't let them play with us, because they think (correctly) that we would price it aggressively.

Ok, intergas of my list then. Any other suggestions?

bloody manufacturer politics, as a seller of a product how can they be so dumb to limit there product to such a small audience like this. I'm ooouuutttt

bloody manufacturer politics, as a seller of a product how can they be so dumb to limit there product to such a small audience like this. I'm ooouuutttt

Graham's can order them in, if you're willing to forgive them ;)

I don't think you have many options these days, so you might have to give the intergas a go. The guys who fit them seem to like them - I think Mike Jackson, Lame Plumber and Dancinplumba were all singing their praises.

We get the politics stuff all the time. We are deeply disliked by the national merchant chains, and the feeling is entirely mutual. :)

Graham's can order them in, if you're willing to forgive them ;)

I may give them an opportunity, only due to their new commitment to quality hot chocolate that they kindly supplied me with today. /easily pleased

Unless there is another manufacturer people can recommend ?

btw bill, did you tweet Worcester that pic of the carp copper fitting?

Just looking at the intergas website. Am I right in thinking the warranty is for parts only? Shirley not?

Long story Iain, but no. It appears that one of their national merchants won't let them play with us, because they think (correctly) that we would price it aggressively.

That will be Plumbline (base).
The only ones i know of who sell them.
Btw they are changing their pricing structure (allegedly)

Plumbcenter in Canterbury are the worst merchants ever so I'm defo ooouuutttt. Most unrealistically priced, rude and poor service I've received to date. What a shame, I'll try Graham's and see what they can do. Cheers

Ohh will do now.

Hmm, i think its down to intergas.

you can fit a boiler that has a pump pressure switch i think, but it invalidates the warrenty being on an open vent system.

Plumbcenter in Canterbury are the worst merchants ever so I'm defo ooouuutttt. Most unrealistically priced, rude and poor service I've received to date. What a shame, I'll try Graham's and see what they can do. Cheers
shame ray cant sort it because IG are a bunch of halfwits if you dealt with Williams you would see a service others cant match

shame ray cant sort it because IG are a bunch of halfwits if you dealt with Williams you would see a service others cant match

I agree, have used them a few times now and agree whole heartidly . Apart from having inflammatory memos filed against my name they seem a good bunch. Oh and did I mention about not getting biscuits?

joke about intergas is they moved over here and only sold to independants originally!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone know of any combis that can be ran on an open vented system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm after some help regarding my Father in laws heating system. He has had a local engineer around but hasn't had a fix and is very remote so...
Replies
Views
J
Boiler broke over Xmas and needs replacing and I’m tempted to move away from our 1985 gravity fed system and get a combi as many other parts of...
Replies
Views
Jack Canfield
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock