Search the forum,

Discuss Converting to a combi - advisable for mixrobore? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jack Canfield

Boiler broke over Xmas and needs replacing and I’m tempted to move away from our 1985 gravity fed system and get a combi as many other parts of that auger appear to be at the end of their life and need replacing.

Our flow is 16l/min so not enough for unvented but we like the idea of a combi as we always run out of hot water and we have awful 3l/min showers!

However I am hesitating due to reading many stories of pipes not liking the increased pressure.

How common is this in reality and is it a genuine concern or a 1 in 100 occurrence?

Our home is about 35 years old (late 80s Barrat Homes) and has 8mm Microbore rads and a concrete floor.

I can’t tell if the pipes are in concrete or walls but a leak in the floor is my biggest worry.

Any experienced plumbers have an opinion on this ?

I wouldn’t do anything with 8mm other than a repipe

How many showers / bathrooms do you have ?

Reply to Converting to a combi - advisable for mixrobore? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock