From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss An old mains stopcock on an 30mm pipe needs replacing, please help. in the Fittings & Pipes area at PlumbersForums.net

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
I need to replace the stopcock on an old mains water pipe. The house is about 60 years old, the pipes OD is 30mm, my local plum centre said they had no parts available to do this. The old stopcock is leaking and seized solid. Any advice about where I can get the parts to fix the problem would be very much appreciated.

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
any pictures of said stop tap and pipes ?

centralheatking

Esteemed
Plumber
I need to replace the stopcock on an old mains water pipe. The house is about 60 years old, the pipes OD is 30mm, my local plum centre said they had no parts available to do this. The old stopcock is leaking and seized solid. Any advice about where I can get the parts to fix the problem would be very much appreciated.
Do you know where to switch off your supply outside and have you tested it works. It might be a black circular cover with a water meter or similar shut off inside. It might be a metal flap with a tap head, or a square headed post valve which will require corresponding tool. Start at the basics Centralheatking

Reply to An old mains stopcock on an 30mm pipe needs replacing, please help. in the Fittings & Pipes area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums