Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Am I getting my traps mixed up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Customer has just had a new bathroom fitted. Basin waste runs directly into an unvented soil stack. As a consequence as the basin drains it makes an awful gurgling sound. I have done away with the bottle trap that bathroom installer used and fitted an anti vac pedestal trap. When I left all seemed fine but I have just got home to customer call saying that gurgle is back. I'm now doubting myself, should I have fitted an anti syphon trap.

Cheers

they are the same trap usually incorperating a small air admitance valve, might have to fit a full sized aav some times slowing the flow works if its a pop up waste try lowering the plug so it empties slower

Last edited:
Cheers Steve appreciated. Glad I'm not cracking up.
There is literally nowhere to fit an AAV unfortunatelyeverything is wel well hidden in walls.bitt of a botch to be honest. Basin waste is a clik/clak waste so can't be screwed down any further. Thanks for your input mate

probably up sizing the pipe work is the only solution the stack being unvented isnt realy relevant unless another item is sucking the trap its purely cause by the plug of water in the pipe pipe is either running down to sharp or under sized for the run out many years ago we used to solder a 2p under the grate on sink wastes to slow them down

probably up sizing the pipe work is the only solution the stack being unvented isnt realy relevant unless another item is sucking the trap its purely cause by the plug of water in the pipe pipe is either running down to sharp or under sized for the run out many years ago we used to solder a 2p under the grate on sink wastes to slow them down

Thats actually a blooming good idea.

I was contemplating using a waste pipe AAV rather than a stack one. My merchant has an AAV adaptable to fit 1.25 inch and 1.5 inch was wondering if that might help.

Just curious...why is the main stack unvented, nothing there at all ?
Would have thought flushing the karzi may have risked pulled traps ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pulling traps and making a horrendous noise in doing so anti vac trap has solved that but not the noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I getting my traps mixed up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am fitting a new bathroom, and changing the layout. I've fitted one bathroom before, but I did have issues with smells occasionally, that...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission...
Replies
Views
just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly.. the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts...
Replies
Views
Just about to start on our new main bathroom and have chosen a wall mounted sink with decorative black bottle trap which heads into the wall. As I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock